Sign in to follow this  
huskylord

Wow, great site!!!!

hello to all, I just wanted to chime in here and say I'm a noobie (I already hear the groans :) ), but that this site has already helped me prepare imensely for my upcoming first build. I hope I don't have too many hiccups along the way, and I'll try to stay positive no matter what. I'll apologize in advance if I need help, but I'll say thanks right now cause this site is great.

Cheers all!!!!

:)

this forum is by far the most informative and helpful forum I've ever been on, and I'm on a buttload of forums. The help you get here is more than 5star thats for sure. A big thanks to the dfi crew for keepin' it real :nod:

Hey Husky, welcome to the street! No need to apologize if you ask for help, that's what this place is for. You should create a sig to let us all know what you have in mind for your system. Details for making a sig can be found in the critical sticky, post #2. Read, ask, and have patience, and your build should go smoothly.

I feel all warm and giddy (and yay, my monitor just arrived, time to rock n roll).

At this point all I've done is install the CPU into the mobo, put the ram in slots 2 and 4, put the power supply into the case and put the mobo into the case.

Hopefully Friday I can do the rest. (gotta take the lady out tonight first)

cheers all

Welcome to DFI Street.. Yes this place ROKS !! :)

"2x512 Corsair Value PC 3200"

I dun think you read around here enough before buying your ram.. I hope you have luck with it..

Nope, I discovered this place after the fact.

I'm not an overclocker so hopefully it'll still work

Does that ram cause trouble regardless?

It shouldnt really be a problem if your gona run stock for now.. But you hang out around here and you'll be wanting new ram soon..hehe.. Overclocking is catching,even if you dont want to it will happen..

It shouldnt really be a problem if your gona run stock for now.. But you hang out around here and you'll be wanting new ram soon..hehe.. Overclocking is catching,even if you dont want to it will happen..

yep ;)

The same comments for the ram also apply to the power supply. It ought to run your system at stock settings, but if you start to OC it may not provide enough juice.

its an enermax noisetake 485w w/ atx 2.0 support and pci-e support...nothing is wrong with that even if he was to overclock since hes not running a power hog like a n fx-55 or 2x6800's in sli or whatnot.