Possibly going to water cooling: opinions?

The Maze4 for the CPU was replaced by the RBX, and I'm not sure why they still make them. RBX was replaced by the TDX last summer, which performs almost as good. RBX is still being made, of course.

The Swiftech blocks are pretty good, but aren't for me. I like to be able to take my blocks apart and clean them (and adjust, like the RBX/TDX). I also prefer the brass top on my RBX, especially when it matches my Fusion HL so well. ;)

Personally I wouldn't use a Maze4 for a GPU, though I do recommend them when someone is already ordering from DD. I would love to see more reviews of the Silverprop Fusion line, there was barely any word about them when I bought my HL. If I was to do an SLI rig, I'd use the SL's if I couldn't fit HL's. Way nicer blocks than the Maze4, imo.

You can spend all your money on R&D, but there will still be ID10T errors. Just the way it goes.

edit: The only reason I'm rocking a brass-top RBX instead of a brass-top TDX is that the RBX was a 5-minute drive away, and was cheaper than other retailers. :D

So TDX are considered better than RBX I take it. I did a quick google search and saw some pictures of the Fusion HL's and SL's....I'm pretty sure the HL's wouldn't fit, though the SL's might. Does anybody else have some input on these?

are you talking about gpu blocks or cpu blocks because i see you saying gpu one time, then cpu the other...Maze blocks are for gpu's not cpu (the cpu blocks of choice from DD are now the RBX and TDX blocks, not Maze, and the RBX and TDX do not cause bending/warping during installation).

I have yet to see a match for the TDX blocks for cpu's.

the Maze gpu blocks I can only comment on from my SLI installation on the 2x 6600GT's...it was not as good as it would be on the 6800 cards (the ability to lock the gpu down with 4 all-threads where the 6600 cards are not optimal because of the ability to only use 2 outer-edge holes for the all-threads).

Sorry for the confusion. I was refering to GPU WB's. The DD's just do not cut it nor do

Swiftech's MCW50 when it comes to ramsinks on a Radeon. Polarflo's TT Series Universal

VGA WB's solve the ramsink issue nicely for straight WC as you can point the hose barbs

so they do not pass right over top/front pair of memory chips but those blocks are use

less for TEC hot side cooling.

My latest proto-type WC-TEC cooler for dual card ATI CrossFire setups is based on a

modified ST 6000 series WB with a 245W, 50mm TEC and .375 CU cold plate. The sucker

only stands 1.125" tall off the die and will hold an R420 or R480 core running 700Mhz with

1.690 loaded Vcore under 4C with a 37-38C hotside in the 3DM01se Nature torture loop.

Viper

Sorry for the confusion. I was refering to GPU WB's. The DD's just do not cut it nor do

Swiftech's MCW50 when it comes to ramsinks on a Radeon. Polarflo's TT Series Universal

VGA WB's solve the ramsink issue nicely for straight WC as you can point the hose barbs

so they do not pass right over top/front pair of memory chips but those blocks are use

less for TEC hot side cooling.

My latest proto-type WC-TEC cooler for dual card ATI CrossFire setups is based on a

modified ST 6000 series WB with a 245W, 50mm TEC and .375 CU cold plate. The sucker

only stands 1.125" tall off the die and will hold an R420 or R480 core running 700Mhz with

1.690 loaded Vcore under 4C with a 37-38C hotside in the 3DM01se Nature torture loop.

Viper

you know why viper? coz your air coooling setups own ;)