Sign in to follow this  
Guest dubdvd@boardsie

does 3 red LED'S mean that the cpu is gone ????

Guest dubdvd@boardsie

i just but together my new watercooling system and then went to boot and nada nothing "not even a boot screen " im using different ram than i normally use ????

my system spec's are here

AMD FX55

DFI NFA SLI D

XMS 4400

2 X BFG 6800GT'S OC

Would the cpu be fcuked ????and why not even a boot up ...it goes from 4 red boot up led's to three then hangs ....i was reading the manaul

4 = system start-up

3 =cpu detected

2 =dram detected

1 =vga detected

0 =system boot-up

any help here would be great , thanks

Guest burningrave101

Check to make sure the CPU is installed correctly. Make sure the arrow is pointing in the right direction and that you didn't bend a pin or something installing it. Make sure its all the way in the socket.

Wouldn't that mean it's stuck detecting the RAM? Cuz once it has 3 lights lit, that means it's already detected the CPU? Or am I one step ahead...

Guest dubdvd@boardsie
Wouldn't that mean it's stuck detecting the RAM? Cuz once it has 3 lights lit, that means it's already detected the CPU? Or am I one step ahead...

I hope thats the case as the memoryive got in now has never been used before in this mobo,, if the memory was the problem i could live with it but if the fx is gone ill go mad ????so 3 leds is cpu already detected ????or it cant find it????help :confused:

3 lights means that the cpu has already been detected and is most likely fine. You may be having cold boot problems like dozens of people with dfi boards and certain types of ram. Try booting with only one stick in the orange slot farthest away from the cpu.