Sign in to follow this  
budzman

LP UT nF4 SLI-DR & TCCD voltage

Got some G.Skill LE TCCD sticks for my birthday :D

Never played around with TCCD and was just curious what the average voltage is needed? I've read about people running them at 3.0v but have heard that I shouldnt go over 2.8v.

Also going to try the 510-1 bios, I believe that was the TCCD one?

I get best OC results at 2.6v, higher or lower was less stable for me. They ran fine at stock speeds with 2.5v. G.Skill usually rates them for up to 2.8v, but you might never need that much. 510-1 or -3 should work fine.

The people who talk about going over 2.8 are probably on Brainpower PCB, which is rumored to respond well to voltage increase. I've never tested mine at higher than 2.9, and I stay at 2.7. If you have Brainpower, do a little research and see if it'll help.

Guest burningrave101

Newer TCCD chips are said to perform well with more voltage but most TCCD will overclock just fine with 2.6-2.8v.

510-2 bios and Venice 3800+ and PC4400 Gskil at 3.1V and 312x8=2496mhz. Lots of air on memory. But less than that is not going nearly that high. It is suit yourself and try sort of thing. 1hour 52mins prime so far.

Oh and it is new so it may loosen a little as it was 34mins 8secs into prime at 312x9 for 2808mhz, so never say never until never is known for sure.

RGone...

I'm also using 510-2 BIOS as well for my TCCD based OCZ Rev2 sticks.

I think the -1 -2 and -3 suffix isn't quite so important for RAM type designation as it used to be with the 414-x and older series of BIOSes. The key thing for other users to remember is that with the 510-x range, the yellow slots are better for UTT/BH5 type memory and the orange for TCCD :)

Newer TCCD chips are said to perform well with more voltage but most TCCD will overclock just fine with 2.6-2.8v.

I may have tcc5, but the ram I have is supposed to be tccd-- BP PCB ofcourse.

2.7v gets me around 270mhz, 2.8 ends around 290mhz, and 3v gets 300 stable. :)

Run 2.8v, 280mnhz daily. ALL 2.5-3-3-7. I believe they are either really new sticks, or just TCC5.

I got mine OCZs last january (santa claus brought them to me XDDDD ) and have used up to 2,9v on them, responding better than 2,8v at least with tight timings.

Now I have them at 292 2,5-4-3-8-1T with 2,8v with BIOS 510-1 (2,8v+0,3v ), so I think they have more room left for overclock at least to 300mhz

salu2.