Problem with new build...

I just put together all my new parts for my new pc, the spec is...

A64 3500

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

1gig Corsair 3200XL (running at 2-2-2-5, 1T)

Radeon X850XT

Enermax Coolergiant 480W

Everything built ok, and it all powered up first time...

I boot to my XP (XP Pro + SP2) disc and carry out the installation, then when it loaded into windows, i started to get the xp blue screen of death!

Started coming up with the following errors...

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

it would also randomly restart until i turned off XPs "restart after errors" function.

Also came up these files in the bsod...

win32k.sys at address .... in ....

and after id installed the radeon drivers...

ati2dvag.dll came up with an error!

Then it also started telling me "current display driver cannot be used, it was written for a previous version of windows"

Ive tried it with all the harddrives apart from my raptor unplugged... im using an XP90C heatsink and the temps are never over 40C in the bios so im thinking its not temperature related, havent memtested my ram yet, but it was working fine with no errors in my old system.

Anyone got any ideas as to whats going wrong?

What Bios are U running?

Did U memtest b4 installing windows

Do U have any other HDDs and opticals in there.

To me it sounds like a memory issue in which case Ull Have to get stable in Memtest then repair/reinstall windows then start priming.

I had exactly the same problem, with same errors.

I simply resolved the problem by changing the DRAM voltage in Genie bios:

By default it is 2.6 volts and I selected 2.8 volts instead (2.7 volts wasn't enough).

Hope it helps! :)

PS: And my RAM is a Corsair : Corsair CMX512-3200-C2 @ 200 mhz 2.5-3-3-8

Next time i'll certainly buy Mushkin or OCZ instead :(

I just put together all my new parts for my new pc, the spec is...

A64 3500

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

1gig Corsair 3200XL (running at 2-2-2-5, 1T)

Radeon X850XT

Enermax Coolergiant 480W

Everything built ok, and it all powered up first time...

I boot to my XP (XP Pro + SP2) disc and carry out the installation, then when it loaded into windows, i started to get the xp blue screen of death!

Started coming up with the following errors...

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

it would also randomly restart until i turned off XPs "restart after errors" function.

Also came up these files in the bsod...

win32k.sys at address .... in ....

and after id installed the radeon drivers...

ati2dvag.dll came up with an error!

Then it also started telling me "current display driver cannot be used, it was written for a previous version of windows"

Ive tried it with all the harddrives apart from my raptor unplugged... im using an XP90C heatsink and the temps are never over 40C in the bios so im thinking its not temperature related, havent memtested my ram yet, but it was working fine with no errors in my old system.

Anyone got any ideas as to whats going wrong?

Boot into BIOS, set optimized defaults, reboot. Are you running the 3/10 official? If so you have memtest within your BIOS....enable it after restarting.

If you are running an earlier version, you will have to put memtest on a floppy and run it from there.

Yo need to make sure you can run at least 3 passes of memtest86 before u install windows (takes about an hour). If u r stable in memtest, try installing windows....if u can;t get windows to work properly, try increasing cpu vid to 1.45-1.5 volts or so, try again.

Regardless you are going to need to redo your windows install because it is probably corrupted bigtime.

I'd also suggest flashing to 510-3 BIOS...works great for Venice and TCCD mem, both of which u have.

cheers for the replies...

i managed to get it working by flashing to the 510-3 bios and everything boots fine... although i cant get it running at 1t, it gets to the point where windows is loading then gives me a bsod.

Any ideas on getting 1t to work?

[edit] i upped the cpu volts to 1.5v and the ram to 2.9... it now all seems to boot fine at 1t:D