How are you guys cooling your ram?

Hey i'm curious on the methods people are using for cooling their ram modules? Im specifically referring to the newer, hi-voltage type such as OCZ gold VX or the new mushkin redlines.

My XP120 heatsink and 120mm fan cover 1 ram stick but it seems quite difficult to cover both. Any suggestions or pictures? Im using an antec sonata case with nexus 120mm fans on the intake and exhaust, and there isnt much room around the fans.

I took the stock HSF from my 3000+ Winchester and picked up some velcro strips from the store as well as the ones that came w/ my CCFL kit. I stuck one side of the velcro to the side of the fan, and the other side to my case [right above the RAM] and then stuck the fan to the side of the case so it hangs out horizontally over my RAM.

Now, the fan blows air directly on the top module, and a little bit on the second module, but the XP-90 pretty much takes care of that one. For security, I zip-tied it to my 24-pin since the PSU is right above it, just in case the velcro starts to fail [which I doubt, velcro doesn't really loose its strength if it's latched once and not continuously pulled off and on].

I took one of my case fans and positioned it to sit on the power cables in my case. It's not exactly sexy or terribly stable, but it's positioned perfectly and barring kicking the case over, it's not going anywhere.

I took the stock HSF from my 3000+ Winchester and picked up some velcro strips from the store as well as the ones that came w/ my CCFL kit. I stuck one side of the velcro to the side of the fan, and the other side to my case [right above the RAM] and then stuck the fan to the side of the case so it hangs out horizontally over my RAM.

Now, the fan blows air directly on the top module, and a little bit on the second module, but the XP-90 pretty much takes care of that one. For security, I zip-tied it to my 24-pin since the PSU is right above it, just in case the velcro starts to fail [which I doubt, velcro doesn't really loose its strength if it's latched once and not continuously pulled off and on].

Same here except I used double sided adhesive foam pad.

I just have my XP-120 which covers the 1 stick of ram. The fan blows plenty of air so I'm sure it is at least cooling the one side of the 2nd stick of ram. I'm running 3.3v to it and its hardly warm to the touch so I think I'm ok. I plan to figure out something to cool it later on when I do a few more case mods.

I saw a 5 1/2 inch bay hard drive cooler that looks like it has three 40mm fans for pretty cheap. I was thinking I might pick one up and try to do something with the fans. Link

It costs about the same as a single 40mm fan. I'm sure they aren't the highest quality but I don't even know if I will use them.

A question regarding heatspreaders and sinks...

Im thinking that the heatspreaders are doing their job on my Plat rev.2 but when I try to push them they get hot. Now would some RAM sinks fastened on the heatspreader help?

Hey i'm curious on the methods people are using for cooling their ram modules? Im specifically referring to the newer, hi-voltage type such as OCZ gold VX or the new mushkin redlines.

My XP120 heatsink and 120mm fan cover 1 ram stick but it seems quite difficult to cover both. Any suggestions or pictures? Im using an antec sonata case with nexus 120mm fans on the intake and exhaust, and there isnt much room around the fans.

I have a similar setup with a Sonata case and an XP120. I was still able to angle another 120mm fan between the XP120 and the PSU and zip tie it to the fan on the XP120. I have the fan on the XP120 blowing onto the CPU and RAM and the extra 120mm fan pulling the air back out and directing it to the PSU, which has a fan that is blowing out of the case. I'll try to get a picture tonight.

CJ