Tccd + Intel= ?

I'm rethinking with buying TCCD based ram for my system again, after being pushed away by hearing some problems. On the other hand i have been reading the reviews of the ram im interested in: corsair pc 4400C25 and it seems to work fine with intel systems

just wondering what you have experienced with this combo ;)

I've just begun warming up a new 875PRO ... ran 1x512 of the 4400C25PT for 11hr and 8hr Prime95 (Blend, 400MB) with no errors.

The warm-up setup is: Celeron 2.6 (0.13 Northwood), AngryGames' 875BIOS settings over optimized defaults.

Obviously, there's no real push on the memory with this setup, but all is well so far.

875PRO=LanParty Pro875B, somewhere between RevA and RevB

k nice, just wondering what FSB your running (is that overclocked?) at and what are the memory timings

EDIT: the problem with TCCD on intel systems only happened after going past 250FSB no matter voltage or timings

BIOS is 2/12/2004, 100-132 limit on the CPU clock with this processor.

Timings are 2.5 3 3 6 (SPD = 2.5 4 4 8).

CPU-Z: Memory Frequency 133mhz (which I assume is DDR266).

Corsair, as you know, rates this memory @ 550 mhz, so there's a little headroom.

FSB is running at default 100mhz (no oc), fixed multiplier for this processor is x26.

problem? what problem? My TCCD goes right up to 280 on 2.8 vmem

same here...ur um well...270 anyways...lol

I always here tccd is best for amd systems...i think its all in the chip/brand you buy.

I tried patriot 3200w/xbl and i couldnt do any oc'ing with them.

however, my geil(which might be relabeled tccd) and my g.skill is some of the best memory i have owned.

same here...ur um well...270 anyways...lol

I always here tccd is best for amd systems...i think its all in the chip/brand you buy.

I tried patriot 3200w/xbl and i couldnt do any oc'ing with them.

however, my geil(which might be relabeled tccd) and my g.skill is some of the best memory i have owned.

do you still have that ram? trade for bh5/6?

is that EL GOld tccd?!?!?

No, i had EL gold 4400, and i hated it. i sold it becuase it was very uncooperative, and just terrible memory (for my purposes, i only bought a small dose of it as well, just to experiment with)

I'm using Adata DDR600. The chips are production 431 TCCDs. it will do 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.6 vmem @ 270 fsb.

nothing happened with it. thats why i didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, it will do its advertised timings and speed at its default volts. but it wouldn't cooperate even 3 fsb over its default speed.

Edit: I shouldn't have worded that the way i did. I didn't HATE the memory, it just wasn't up to my expectations, and personally didn't want to use it. there is nothing wrong with the memory otherwise.

ok wow lol, thanx for clearing that up...im pretty sure i wont need more than 275FSB, although i have seen people with this ram hit 285 and one person 300

BTW: what timings were you at when it wouldnt go past 273FSB?