help-need memory suggestions for this build...

memory is the last piece to the puzzle so to speak. once it is ordered i will be up and running :nod:

setup:

lanparty nf4 ultra-d

3700+san diego w/xp90hsf

seasonic s12-430w

bba x800xt

74gb raptor, & a larger sata drive for storage

dvd burner, floppy

loaded in an antec sonata

trying for silent but deadly :tooth:

just need the memory. had many suggestions on other forums for the twinmos sp pc3200 (2x512) as best bang for the buck. at its price it is tempting. i was hoping to stay around $150 or less. other suggestions were ocz gold vx or the mushkin redline, both going over the $200 mark

thought i would come to the dfi source for memory suggestions before ordering the twinmos.

all help is greatly appreciated

i have not built a machine for awhile so i am having to relearn all the terms and such that applies to memory. from what i know there are 2 main types of chips: bh-5 and tccd (please correct me if i am wrong). also, this will be my first 64 machine, so i know many things have changed since the last time i built. currently running a nf7-s2 w/ 2500+barton, 9800ptoxt, 512mb.

what is the difference b/t bh-5 and tccd? good/bad points of each? etc.

i am really not much of an overclocker but like to know i have the option if i choose to do so (hence getting the dfi board). just want a stable but fast pc, that can be so at near stock if i want or have to run it that way. i have not done too much oc'ing and tweaking of memory (never messed with upping voltages before).

thanx

Quick summary, TCCD likes low volts, does good 1:1 FSB speeds and timings are not so bad. It runs cooler since it thrives on 2.5-2.7v. BH-5 thrives on volts (2.7 and up) and can achieve very tight timings at high FSB, but those high volts mean you must have a fan blowing over the RAM or they will cook. BH-5 might benefit from "burn in" (search for the uwackme thread), while TCCD usually either work or don't from day one at a certain OC and voltage. Both BH-5 and TCCD are getting harder to find, but you can still get good deals on both.

Hey guys i am actually looking to build a system with the same mobo and processor as rifter but i will have an asus 6600GT and a seagate 160GB SATA NCQ hdd. I am looking at Corsair Twinx1024-3200C2 or Twinx1024-3200XL i am just wondering is the xl worth the extra $70 over teh C2. Any suggestions on this would be great thanks.

just stay away from the "value" or "premier" series type memory. i know that some are gonna disagree with me, but trust me. what type do you want. tccd or bh-5?? what are you trying to do. you should make a sig, so others will be able to assist you too.