Overclocking and Windows SP2

Maybe that's your memory limit?

Try using a multiplier on the memory.

my memory's max is 260fsb @ 2.0 2 2 6, i've ran it stable before at that speed.

ahh well

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a Venice and a San Diego chip I was unable to install either Windows XP Pro (no SP2)or Windows 2000 on two different nF4 SLI-DR boards. I kept getting blue screens half way through the installs.

Loading with SP2 on XP Pro cured the problem.

I don't know of any issues with overclocking.

With a Venice and a San Diego chip I was unable to install either Windows XP Pro (no SP2)or Windows 2000 on two different nF4 SLI-DR boards. I kept getting blue screens half way through the installs.

Loading with SP2 on XP Pro cured the problem.

I don't know of any issues with overclocking.

That's because you are using an SLI-DR

Hey guys I've been stuck at 2.5ghz and can't seem to get past it no matter what I do. I"m running venice 3000+ and sp2 also. I can't seem to get past 290 FSB even up to 1.6v. I been kinda timid about going above 1.6v for the cpu. I'm gonna do this tweak and see if it helps! Thanks for the great info. I'll get back later today with an update.

Sorry this is a bit late, was going to post last night but was having too much fun overclocking. Wow! my OCing has got so much higher but I don't know if the tweak to the boot.ini file was completely responsible. I couldn't get 2.6 with my rig and was getting tons of corrupt or missing window file messages. Here are the 3 things I did that not only got my able to PI at 2.7 but even boot into windows at 2.8. Tried to get a screeen shot of my record OC but second instance of CPUz crashed it. :( lol

1. I took off my dinky 70mm heatsink fan and laid my 120mm 115cfm Panflo on top of the heatsink :) Wow, much cooler and NO more windows corrupt/missing file messages again! I repeat NO MORE CORRUPT/MISSING windows messages! Seems that a bit too much heat can cause lots of strange problems.

2. I flashed to bios 510-2 since im using Bh-5 winbond ram

3. I made the tweak to the boot.ini file

4. Put artic silver on my chip spread very thin and it seemed to lower my temps on avg by about 3 C.

My results are that my FSB can now boot in at upwards of 330-340 and before I couldn't get past 300.

These things really improved my oc immensely, although my venice series chip unfortunately isn't an APAW and needs lots of juice to get 2.7. However, it took me 1.76 v and no less to do PI at 2.7 and with these changes I can do it at 1.72v and thats a record for me. That is after flashing to the new bios and the artic silver. Wonder which contributed the most???

I'm gonna try putting the original command line back in the boot.ini later tonight to see if putting the original command line back in will change anything but right now I"m a very happy user :)

I bet you 5 pounds / bucks if you put the boot.ini back so DEP is enabled you drop back down to 300 HTT.........

Hehe, can't wait to hear some more results on this, it'd be good to see another success from this tweak :)