Sign in to follow this  
Randallw23

Overclocking and Windows SP2

Might be worth comparing whats loaded in Windows in Safe Mode(and whats not) to whats loaded in normal Windows. Like what Processes and what files are loaded, also whether any different drivers are loaded in Safe Mode. That would probably take you a good while though lol.

Did it work in Safe Mode with Networking? Or did you just try standard Safe Mode?

Interesting thread ..

Someone started a thread about this at XS .. I was gona link to it but I cant get to XS right now my internet is not behaving..

Interesting thread ..

Someone started a thread about this at XS .. I was gona link to it but I cant get to XS right now my internet is not behaving..

Was probably me! :nod:

I want everyone to know about it so they can use SP1a to get better clocks OR help figure out why SP2 won't work.

And it's not your internet - XS is down right now.

Might be worth comparing whats loaded in Windows in Safe Mode(and whats not) to whats loaded in normal Windows. Like what Processes and what files are loaded, also whether any different drivers are loaded in Safe Mode. That would probably take you a good while though lol.

Did it work in Safe Mode with Networking? Or did you just try standard Safe Mode?

Yeh, I'm getting fed up of this! I wanna volt mod my gfx card and do some benching and gaming! :D

Yes, Safe Mode with networking is OK too.

Yeh, I give up!

I'm stickin' with SP1a, it would just be nice to have the latest update, but not at the cost of precious Mhz!

This is my gaming rig, so Performance >> Security / updates!

lol I started this thread and I gave up after about 2 hours. sp1 all the way.

You shouldn't be too bad as long as you carry on downloading all the updates, keep your other security software up to date, and don't put yourself at risk by careless actions(probably the most common if not main reason ppl get hacked etc in the first place. How many ppl will i see who believe their PC is invincible just because they use Firefox :rolleyes: ) anyway. They are still releasing seperate critical updates for SP1 as well as SP2.

Worthington man, you maybe onto something there... That is a very strong possibility when you think about it, i hadn't thought about that. Setting DEP to AlwaysOff could resolve the issue. A64's support Hardware Enforced DEP don't they unlike these 32bit AMD's, so that would explain why only A64 users of SP2 seem to be affected. Maybe a certain combination of hardware/drivers etc is whats causing the issues for some A64 users and yet not others?

Keep us informed Jimbo. I'm thinking this to be quite likely because it was one of the major additions to SP2.

Some interesting reading about it for you HERE :)