Sign in to follow this  
Tank_567

8.1 Channel. Is It For Real?

Fellas, here's the deal. Word on the street with my x-box homies is that the 8.1 Channel surround cards will be coming out very soon. Do you have any idea how good Brute Force will sound with one of those cards! I hope my Xbox supports 8.1 surround, or i'll have to mod it with my soldering iron. I'll put like a 200 Gig HD in my Xbox, and i'm gonna run Linux! BRUTE FORCE RULES..

Our system:

P3 533 MHz

PC133 64 MB RAM

6 GB HD

4x8x32 CD-RW drive

A Drive

Window Mod "with light"

External 56k modem V.92

Voodoo 3 2000 Graphics

Windows 98 Second Edition

well i dont know about 8.1 but i know they have 7.1 already but the dont have speaker setups for anything over the 5.1 right now i beleive

FEllas, it's coming out with the new matrix. I wish Trinity came with the new 8.1 Card. MATRIX AND BRUTE FORCE RULES...

Our system:

P3 533 MHz

PC133 64 MB RAM

6 GB HD

4x8x32 CD-RW drive

A Drive

Window Mod "with light"

External 56k modem V.92

Voodoo 3 2000 Graphics

Windows 98 Second Edition

Our X-box

Intel 733MHz 32bit

64Mb

300MHz nVIDIA iGPU

256 2D Channels

4x Speed DVD

Audio Channels 4.1 (soon 8.1)

10/100Mbps Ethernet

Dont believe for a second. Who ever would need more then 6.1?

8.1 surrond sound is very hard for a card to handle, and speakers would be upwards of 250-300$USD. They'd never make their money back...not happening.

even if they do come out with 8.1 xbox only supports 5.1, and i highly doubt youll be able to solder a new audio board into your xbox.

even if they do come out with 8.1 xbox only supports 5.1, and i highly doubt youll be able to solder a new audio board into your xbox.

you can solder anything to anything you want.....its a matter of it working after wards :lol:

you can solder anything to anything you want.....its a matter of it working after wards :lol:

this is true, yes.

I've got an x-box emulator that does work (ms developer one).

requires a PIII 733 or better, 128mb of ram, 200mb available hdd space, dvd rom, usb sidewinder game pad, and a geforce 3 or better (no geforce 4 mx and no ati support). It does work with my audigy in 5.1 mode, and I've seen it work on a friends computer in 6.1 mode on a an audigy 2.

email me if you're interested in trying it out.

if youve got an xbox emulator that ACTUALLY works bring it on! send me an email for where i can get it!