Your Next Proc Upgrade?????

62 members have voted

1. 1.

• AMD DUAL CORE
    • AMD SINGLE CORE
    • INTEL DUAL CORE
    • INTEL SINGLE CORE
    • DON'T KNOW YET

I'm holding out for the quad core CPU/GPU boards! We keep trying to punt the GPU job out to a card or chip, but really the CPU will ultimately rule.

Guest nova

AMD dual core,.... just 'cause I want one. Been fightin' the urge to get a new SD core,....

I just went through a newcastle 3500, a winchetster 3500 and now im still working on my SanDiego which i m sure i will be happy with given how the tests started, so i m planning to keep that for a bit and i am not sure when i will actually need to change that and what technology will be available at that time.

If i had $$$ to spend on testing cpu's hell i d by one every time one comes out .. but unfortunately i don't so once in a while i ll try to stick with one for more than a week or two.

Don't know yet. I've only had my new parts for 1 month + 3 days so it's a bit early to think about another expensive upgrade. ;)

This Clawhammer/Hammer is so sweet it has quieted my desire for a Venice or San Diego core right now.

I see a Dual Core in my future as soon as the prices start to drop after the initial release. Hopefully in time for Santa Claus to bring me one since I've been such a good boy!

Guest burningrave101

I have a 3500+ Clawhammer @ 2.6Ghz installed right now but i have a new 3200+ Venice sitting on my desk i'll be installing this week. I should be able to get a good 2.7-2.8Ghz out of it hopefully. I doubt that i will be spending the cash on an X2 any time soon till they get down around the $300 mark because i just simply dont need the extra multitasking performance and dual core processors will be about worthless till games and more applications start getting coded to run more then single threads.

Before you pull that Clawhammer, make sure you run a complete set of benchmarks.

When you install the new CPU, compare the benchmarks.

Post back with the results.

Well seeing as I am still on nf2, the sky is the limit. The cpu is wounded and the board isn't it's old self. Here in about two weeks the change will happen and I hope it is a good one. I have been searching around the forum and collecting notes and information. Venice....or......SanDiego...that is the question

I'll let you what I pick soon