Have DFI actually said what the problem is with their NF2 boards?

AthlonXP (Barton) 3200+ FSB : 400MHz , Ratio : 11, CPU Freq: 2200 A

so why doesnt it work then??

so even people who do research b4 they buy are still gona be f***D

SO how can you guys keep defending this mobo like you do cmon!!!

u posted earlier in a different that u had it running at standard speed, i quote

'i now have the xpbarton3200 upto 200 x 11 = 2.2ghz and it seems standard'

make your mind up Muztee, the fact is many people are very happy with their amazingly high oc that have been achieved with this board, they have spent their time, chosen parts wisely and slowly edged out their performance.

we can go around in circles with this one all day but it aint gonna get you a higher oc.

and truthfully if you had done your research you wouldn't have bought an nf2 in its dying stages, a cheap nf3 platform can be found now with the new semprons which overclock like hell!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ye but with 1x512

All i can see here are peopel deffending DFI and critisisng people

kinda funny

and yes i did reseach actually and i wanted a 32bit system for 3 freinds that are on a tight budget.

i reseached that this mobo was rated to 400 as was the cpu xp3200barton and i have 2 x 512 also rated the same

also i was told this mobo was the best for high FSB s (250)

so thats why i bought it

NOW i get all these problems

And then i get people like you telling me that.. i SUK and the mobo is flawless

GIMME A BREAK!

no one said you suck, but i am saying either get rid of the motherboard and get another brand that wont give you the problems that you seem to have with all the DFI boards you have purchased, or get a different cpu that actually works without issue in these boards.

one or the other, but quit busting into threads where others are trying to get help, and quit with the constant yammering about how crappy the boards are and how much people are picking on you.

if the board won't do what you want it to do, then get rid of it and get another brand that wont give you the problems you are having. plain and simple. Or get a cpu that doesn't have the problems on the NF2 like the 200FSB cpu's do. (besides, a mobile2500 costs less i think and overclocks to around 2700Mhz if you do it right, and EASILY clocks to 2500Mhz...a 3200+ will barely clock up 100Mhz)

would you like to keep on about how the board wont work for months? or would you rather get rid of it and get something that will work and move on and be happy?

if you choose the former, then you are going to catch a lot of flak from the users here, and I'd say you are just looking for trouble. If you choose the latter, then you have made a smart decision and you can stop being angry and get on with your life with something that works.

ye but with 1x512

All i can see here are peopel deffending DFI and critisisng people

kinda funny

and yes i did reseach actually and i wanted a 32bit system for 3 freinds that are on a tight budget.

i reseached that this mobo was rated to 400 as was the cpu xp3200barton and i have 2 x 512 also rated the same

also i was told this mobo was the best for high FSB s (250)

so thats why i bought it

NOW i get all these problems

And then i get people like you telling me that.. i SUK and the mobo is flawless

GIMME A BREAK!

i'm not here to tell people how much they suck, u've got me all wrong, i'm here to learn and help. there is a certain amount of satisfaction in helping people out with problems, if i don't know a direct solution i make suggestions and comments.

There is no way anyone can claim that these motherboards are flawless either, and i don't believe anyone has.

the 754 semprons are 32bit so the nf3 is definately the better mobo to reach 250fsb on a tight budget, but you don't have to put all your trust into what one person says, have a look in forums, see if people are having problems with certain hardware you are planning on using.

As you said someone told you the LPnf2's are the best for high fsb's. Did you ask him wat they are not so good at. These boards are notoriously picky, as you have seen in these forums alone.

The DFI LP b and UI are both proven MB's that work quite well w/2x512 of ram,but not all ram is compatible as with any other MB,a quick search in the Toaster thread will bear this statement out.Just because your choice of components w/your settings are unable to doesn't prove anything,there is too much evidence to prove your accusations incorrect.

These DFI MB's are among the highest OC w/2x512MB,that's why they were recommended in the 1st place.

Any REAL search into what components to use w/these MB's would never have resulted in your choice of cpu's,it is quite well known that 45w mobiles are cpu of choice,you can go into any OC website and ask what cpu's work best w/these boards and you will always get this reply.

Nobody is saying you suck,your choices in components have not been the best,so your not getting the results you hoped for and jumping into threads where ppl are tring to get help and making bitter accusations doesn't help anybody including you.

If your unhappy do something about it that is actually productive,all the moaning and groaning isn't going to solve anything,but it is a whole easier.

basically i have a major problems with this nf2 s

that why i came here to get help to fix em!

they are all still F****D accept 1 which is very flakey still and only has 1 stick of mem to make it work

and it has been no thanks to any ones defending of dfi nf2 and none helpful comments and negative remarks from people here, its been coz i spent like 1 whole week just trying non logical things to this POS

This is the help i have had

you have wrong cpu s,

you have wrong mem,

you have wrong this wrong that

your fault for not researching

defend dfi defend dfi

go buy other mbo that isnt querky

go buy other cpu

dude this is not the kinda advise i am used to when having problems with systems,

so can you see why i am getting fustrated??

maybe if you stop bitching at people who are fustrated that the mobo dont work how they expected and helped them a little more

people wouldnot be getting so fustrated

jus look at all the negative posts in this site, and you ll get my point.

I don't know what other kind of advice you were looking for. What did you expect to be told? I also see that you're still using a DFI board, even though they're a POS (according to you), does that mean your attracted to .? And as far as negative comments on this site go most of them are a) From users who just bought the most expensive components they could find and threw them together, not knowing what they were doing (these people are generally hopeless) and B) people who didin't realize how finicky the mobo was, get frustrated, but then after getting some good advice usually are very happy (this usually coincides with there OC skyrocketing).

So basically if you no longer have anything useful to say, then don't say it. We're all tired of hearing, we get the idea, you've changed the world and nobody will ever buy DFI again. Congrats.

OK I'm getting really fed up with DFI boards now. I had a LanParty Ultra B that died on me with 4 Leds of Death so I got a 2nd hand Ultra Infinity to replace it.

It booted up fine on default settings so I go into the bios to change the FSB to 200 for my cpu (XP3200) & now it it wont boot up. Same symptoms as my Ultra B so I've now got 2 dead DFI boards and none of the tricks like clearing the cmos overnight with battery out work on either board.

What I want to know is have DFI made any comment on what the issue is that causes all these problems, poor quality control, poor implementation etc; because this is getting beyound a joke now.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=325031

presents a well-detailed primer on problems that have been encountered. The nF2, in particular, seems to have a "no,no,no" with regard to freq divisors (see the url). The author of the piece (jess1313) seems to have some standing with this DFI-street group, so you will want to take his thoughts seriously.

Just a thought for when you calm down: a great part of the appeal of these DFI boards is that they are as mysterious and difficult as they are hot. If they were easy, they'd be labeled "Dell".

" What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men. "

Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke

I don't know what other kind of advice you were looking for. What did you expect to be told? I also see that you're still using a DFI board, even though they're a POS (according to you), does that mean your attracted to .? And as far as negative comments on this site go most of them are a) From users who just bought the most expensive components they could find and threw them together, not knowing what they were doing (these people are generally hopeless) and B) people who didin't realize how finicky the mobo was, get frustrated, but then after getting some good advice usually are very happy (this usually coincides with there OC skyrocketing).

So basically if you no longer have anything useful to say, then don't say it. We're all tired of hearing, we get the idea, you've changed the world and nobody will ever buy DFI again. Congrats.

Thanks you jus proved my point another non constructive BS negative comment that will help no one......

QUOTE=Spritzup]I don't know what other kind of advice you were looking for. What did you expect to be told?

Maybe some help would of been nice ar some advise on what setting that i may have gotten wrong

not u got wrong stuff bla bla dfi r wonderful

OMFG

ITS OK THIS IS MY LAST POST ULL ALL BE GLAD TO HEAR

over and out

hmmm, so you actually had a point throughout this whole farce? Well I'm glad that I helped you find the point of it. And judging by your posts, you would have been unhappy with any advice you were given, except that you were right and everyone else was wrong.

Anyways, sorry to see that this is your last post, you gave many of us entertainment over your wonderful and insightful 32 posts.

good, maybe you've taken my advice and decided to sell your POS DFI board and get a board that works for you...now maybe we can get back to helping people.

jess1313 is a very wise person, as is his father Samauri Jack...they have both been involved in many bios mods and put a lot of the memory guide together that is in my signature.

I've never claimed that these boards were perfect...they are damn picky about hardware when you want to overclock....for me, an unlocked TbredB/Barton core or a Mobile XP + BH-5 is all I will use as that is the best results...for you...it might be something else.

NF2 hates CAS3

NF2 hates DRAM Dividers

NF2 hates 200FSB locked cpu's

NF2 hates a lot of things...its pretty hard to get a lot of love from this chipset....its like the really ugly dog that drools on everything and drags his butt across the carpet...but he's also the same dog that goes outside and plays rough with ya, chases dirty squirrels away, goes hunting with ya, etc. Sometimes you want to kick him to china and back, but most times you are super glad you picked such an ugly dog ;)