Quality Comp Cases

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an AOpen H600B case which I picked up new for nearly nothing... it's quite nice, especially since I replaced the 4 80 mm fan holes with real holes and grills, since the original ones didn't let much air pass.

I probably wouldn't buy it new though...

Pics of an unmodded old version one (like mine) are here: http://www.darkhardware.com/st.php?u=reviews/aopen-h600b

The Performance One is a great case all the way around. If you like the bling, get the window version and the rear fan is upgraded to a blue LED unit.

Take the rear 120mm fan and turn it around into an intake fan. Cover both with a fine nylon mesh(panty hose material). The rear fan will now deliver nice room temp air onto the memory and HSF. The addition of the filter material will keep the cooties out of the case and let it run cooler longer between cleanings. There are more than enough gaps in the case to let the air out including the PSU. Just remember that all of the air is being filtered and dust can't get in through the gaps in the case.

The drive trays with rubber isolation, stealthed optical drives and floppy. You can even turn the hard drives around to keep the cables hidden on the back side. Lots of room for a large PSU like the OCZ PowerStream 600.

Antec P160

its big 2x120 Fans, there is a version with included window. Stealth drive bays, temp monitor and its purrty

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81600

I think 120mm fans are a must, 80mm are too noisy

Guest burningrave101
Durn, I'm going to try that tonight on my Lian-Li case, it really makes sense to me.

Well it doesn't make sense to me because exhaust is more important than intake and if you dont have a good exhaust fan then hot air is going to build up inside of the case. The PSU alone is not enough to exhaust the hot air in the case. The PSU itself puts out a fair amount of heat to exhaust already. You want to get the hot air out of the case as soon as possible. Having intakes in the front and the rear will just cause air turbulence. And with an intake at the rear you'll just be catching the hot air going out the back and blowing it right back in the case.

True burningrave101, but the Lian-Li Vxx00 series is a bit different, as it has the PSU and HDD bay partitioned off into their own zones for cooling, leaving the rear 120mm exhaust fan as the only active cooling for everything else. But the case is perforated like a cheese grater, so there are 1000's of places air could go in... or better yet, go out!

Guest burningrave101
True burningrave101, but the Lian-Li Vxx00 series is a bit different, as it has the PSU and HDD bay partitioned off into their own zones for cooling, leaving the rear 120mm exhaust fan as the only active cooling for everything else. But the case is perforated like a cheese grater, so there are 1000's of places air could go in... or better yet, go out!

Yes but hot air rises and you have intake coming from the front and if you've got intake coming from the back the air is going to just hang around inside of the case longer. For effective cooling you want to cause an air pressure zone and in order to do that you usually need slightly more exhaust then you have intake. If it made since to have an intake in the rear and it actually cooled more effectively then someone as smart as the engineers at Lian-Li would ship the cases that way. Intake at the rear of the case makes no sense because the air back there is the hottest air you could be pushing into the case.

If you want more intake then you should think about modding the side panel to fit an intake fan.

ASUS VENTO 3600- Looks like a spaceship and comes in blue red and booger green.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811173001

Lian Li PC-V1000 - Flipped motherboard / windtunnel for better cooling (P.S at the bottom) Black or Silver. One of my personal favs :nod:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811112072

COOLER MASTER CAV-T01-WWA Silver/Blue - wave clone w/ window. Alot of steel (heavy) and comes with a 350watt paper weight!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119049

For my rig i picked the TT Armor Silver (which is aluminum as opposed to the black which is steel).

I picked it for how spacious it is inside, for the screwless design, and for how it looks.

Performance-wise .. well LianLi makes pretty much the best cases, but over aestetics you can't really argue. I don't really like how they look so i got the TT.. and i am assuming that the perfomance won't be as good but at least comparable

PS

Alot of steel (heavy) and comes with a 350watt paper weight!

That was hilarious ;)