Quality Comp Cases

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think, you could have kept that fan out of the window with the rear fan turned around.

Not sure what difference you'll see since you have that big honkin' fan right in the middle of the window.

BTW You can turn your drives around in the tray and keep the cables hidden on the back side.

Like this...

http://myweb.cableone.net/mondo/cablejob.JPG

My Lian Li 6077 has 1 80mm in front in the hard drive rack pointing in,and 2 80mm in the back i have pointing out.Also i have a blow hole up top w/80 mm pointing out (exhaust fan) sucking out the hot air that rises.this is how the case came set up and this is how i always ran my fans in all my cases.I came across a thread that AG was involved in helping someone and it got my atention because AG was telling him that he turns the top fan around blowing down on the memory to cool it better.Thats on the nf3-250 boards where the dimms are on the side not up top like the nf4 boards.I tried it out and left it like that.I think it works out well and a great idea for extra cooling for a overclock.

when i had a lian-li case, i modified it by putting 3 80mm fansat the top blowing out as an exhaust. i also had 2 80mm fans on the back blowing in and 1 80mm fan in the front blowing in. that seemed to work best with my case. i have filters on the fan, which you can see why. it cooled off every component in the case, and took all the heat out at the top. now the case is just sitting around because i found a better solution. vapo!!!

My case temps went down 3 and the cpu idles 2 lower with my window fan, its more to cool the cpu and the ram because it blows directly on them. I will try flipping the drives, but I dont have much clearance ya know the lanboy is a tiny case. Do you have any pics of your lanboy ?

No pics but the space behind the drives is larger on the Lanboy than the Performance One. I just verified it.

My case temps went down 3 and the cpu idles 2 lower with my window fan, its more to cool the cpu and the ram because it blows directly on them. I will try flipping the drives, but I dont have much clearance ya know the lanboy is a tiny case. Do you have any pics of your lanboy ?

Exroadie is correct, enough room. I have flipped the drives. Looks better and I thank you for that! I also flipped the fan. Dont really see much improvemt. System temp idles 33 and load is 36, about the same. Ill leave it for a week and see if I notice anything else.

Exroadie, do you like your P160 or the Lanboy (P160 gets the fast parts) ? I found my P160 too big. Now I am finding the Lanboy is too small :confused:

As Concrapius says : War do not determine who right, war determine who left. :nod:

I hate doors on my rigs. It always amazes me that they put the hinge of the door on the window side. The door should open away from the window or open side of the case.

The stealthed optical bays really sealed the deal for me on the P-160. I also like the extra room at the top for hiding cables.

I have to use a quiet case since my rigs sit as desktop level.

Exroadie is correct, enough room. I have flipped the drives. Looks better and I thank you for that! I also flipped the fan. Dont really see much improvemt. System temp idles 33 and load is 36, about the same. Ill leave it for a week and see if I notice anything else.

Exroadie, do you like your P160 or the Lanboy (P160 gets the fast parts) ? I found my P160 too big. Now I am finding the Lanboy is too small :confused:

As Concrapius says : War do not determine who right, war determine who left. :nod:

Well having already put the side fan in, you've already increased the impenging airflow to the point of having the rear fan help in moving air out. Give a weeks try to see if it benefits. I'm betting it will be about the same. With my setup, having the 120mm in front and back blowing in, and the 120mm on the Bluestorm sucking out, it really is efficient. I've yet to get my DFI Ultra B board up and running full time to play around with the 5 80mm fans in the Antec SOHO case to find a good flow on it. (damn it was noisy before, and I didn't know it till I switched to this case) That will be delved into as soon as I get my other set of RAM delivered. Nothing special, I decided to buy a set of OCZ value to have on hand for some future comparisons with the ongoing debate with value vs the stuff that works. :rolleyes:

I really like this AMS CF1009, non-window model. Big enoughto fit water cooling completely inside with 2x120mm rad with room to spare. Build quality is excellent, all aluminum so mod'ing is easy. I cut out the fan guards, and used finger guards. Run the fans at 5-7V and they are very quiet as well.

If tight quarters is ok, I like the SuperLanBoy.... very nice case.