Sign in to follow this  
d3van

System wont boot - Need help!

If worse comes to worse d3van, AG can sort it for you, if you can catch him before he gets his Xbox360 lol :)

So holding down insert or delete keys has no effect on your ability to get into BIOS? Using a PS/2 keyboard?

If worse comes to worse d3van, AG can sort it for you, if you can catch him before he gets his Xbox360 lol :)

So holding down insert or delete keys has no effect on your ability to get into BIOS? Using a PS/2 keyboard?

im using a ps2 keyboard... the leds on the keyboard flash at the bios beep, but then it freezes and the logo is stuck on the screen. pushing the insert key doesnt seem to do anything.

Maybe a fast CMOS clear and one stick of RAM in the Orange Slot furthest from the CPU (Slot 4). If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas :(

Last ditch is to unmount the mobo from the case and put it on the magic mat (i.e., the DFI cardboard box and foam) with absolute minimum stuff plugged in, see what happens.

Still no good.

Did I get a dead board? I dont want to give up but I am running out of ideas.

Holy Moly I got into the bios!

After leaving the board on cmos clear with no batteries or anything for 1.5 days and removing the board from the case I got into the bios! (long clear method with holding insert on power-on)

Thank you to everyone who gave me input on solving this quite annoying problem. I only hope that it does not reoccur when I try to put the system board back into the case.