1. 1.

• Yes ! Its awesome,keep up :cool:
    • No ! Useless waste of time and bandwidth :mad:
    • Its Ok ! Since its not my Rig :nod:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally,the MotherBoard.Waiting is killing.

So,took them 2 days to replace the mobo.Great,i was really impressed when

the store sent their guy with the mobo to the importer and check the new

one in place.So he pickup a good one and bring it to the store.They called me

and i picked it up.Good.

utultradbox7ox.jpg

Damn....that board is huge and really looks awesome.All that new smell out from the protective bag...hmm...nice.

The revision i got is the AA0 ,i assume that those latest.And the regular package for the Ultra-D.

utultradrevisionnumber7oy.jpgutultradpackagingstuff2ad.jpg

The Karajan.I decided to try it so i installed it.But not smoothly.As people before had the problem with white

supporting bracket for the module fouling the capacitor so did i.There is no way to insert it without rip the

capacitor.Slightly bend the cap won't help.So i had to do little mod to the white bracket.I just took the very

sharp knife and removed the corner that facing the cap.Just then it fits nicely.

karajanmodule014pe.jpgkarajanmodule025sx.jpg

Now,the Chipset Fan.I removed HSF ,cleaned all the yellow thermal pad

from the HSF and the chipset core.Applyed very very thin layer of Arctic

Silver 5 and put it back.And like i said before there be no single wire in my

case that is not sleeved,so i sleeved the chipset HSF wires too.Isn't its cute now ? :)

chipsetfansleeved7fw.jpg

And while i am all excited just a pic of the main view.

utultradmainview0tm.jpg

Laters.....

Guest kerclaps

Good idea to sleeve every wire, I did that in my rig and it looks a million dollars now, yours will look great when finished if you pay the same attention as you did with the others. I also like your use of thumb screws, I would also suggest if possible to get a few more to secure your mb the case plate for eg.

Keep the nice photos coming and all the best venus.

The Karajan.I decided to try it so i installed it.But not smoothly.As people before had the problem with white

supporting bracket for the module fouling the capacitor so did i.There is no way to insert it without rip the

capacitor.Slightly bend the cap won't help.So i had to do little mod to the white bracket.I just took the very

sharp knife and removed the corner that facing the cap.Just then it fits nicely.

On my SLI-DR, the caps in the corner fit so tightly they were both being pushed out .. I ended up using my dremel to carve 2 channels into the white support bracket to accomodate the caps and all was well again

Well,i didn't had to do so much to fit it in.

I just cuted the bracket corner in diagonal way down.

Maybe some 2 mm.It took me exactly 5 minutes to do.

Here is a zoomed pic of how it fit now.

karajanmodule039gb.jpg

Well,i didn't had to do so much to fit it in.

I just cuted the bracket corner in diagonal way down.

Maybe some 2 mm.It took me exactly 5 minutes to do.

Here is a zoomed pic of how it fit now.

I didn't have that problem because I didn't get a bracket with my SLI-DR. Once the mobo was installed, the sound module doesn't move.

Allright,another one came....

Vantec SPECTRUM FAN CARD

I will use this to help Zalman VF-700 to cool the 6800GT,it will also light up the case with blue leds.This unit

consist totally of 8 blue leds wich 4 of them lighting the 70x70x15 dimensions fans.Package is simple,one screw,

peace of manual and it have a Wire ! :nod: There is also controlling speed switch wich u use to control the speed.

On the lowest RPM its sounds 25 dBA

On the highest RPM its sounds 36.64 dBA

I tryed the full speed and its really sounds horrible.But i will not run it at full speed anyway.On the lowest it pushes

air really nice.

Airflow consist of :

Lowest 17.73 CFM

Highest 29.54 CFM

So u can see it moves pretty much air.It will spread air nicely all over the GFX card.

spectrumfancardmainview8dj.jpgspectrumfancardpackage3pv.jpg

And ofcourse i couldn't resist it ! :)

Its just asked for a little bit of sleeving.It does looks cool now.Exactly where is yellow iso-tape comes in handy.

spectrumfancardsleeved0ol.jpg

And what we are waiting for.Lets fire it up and see all the fun in it.One is daylight view and others is the

"in-the-dark" shoots.It looks pretty bright.I think it will looks cool in case.As the PSU lights up blue too

from above.I think it will do exactly what i want it to do.

spectrumfancarddaylight0ic.jpgspectrumfancardnightview5pz.jpg

And just another side-view shoot.In case if u wanted to see it that way. :)

spectrumfancardnightdiagonal5h.jpg

Until now all goes as planned ,dosn't?

yeah, same here, I have been following your thread with anticipation....lots of fun!

You do good work on the sleeving. is it hard to do?

i have never tried it, but after looking at your work, i want to sleeve everything too.

any good guides on sleeving, that you can link me to?

I have on other thought... I see you have the vantec, and you say your psu has blue lights...

do you plan on using uv cathodes? my lighted ffans and vantec gave off too much light for my mobo to glow with the uv lights, so on my other build, i used no lighted fans or vantec, and the mobo glows much nicer with just uv light.