Building My Rig - Diary

VenuS

116 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes ! Its awesome,keep up :cool:
    • No ! Useless waste of time and bandwidth :mad:
    • Its Ok ! Since its not my Rig :nod:

Allright,i've been really bored ,so i decided to start kind of diary about how iam building my rig.

Its actually my second build,the first one was some 5 years ago so i may cosider this one is

my major one since, whole technology been changed and iam all new to it.Last 6 months all

i had to do is to read as much as i can and get my self ready to this journey.Saved some money

i start ordering stuff,so the parts easely come to papa ! :nod: If u bored as i do while not overclocking

ur rig,u are all welcome to visit this thread as it will be step by step and with lots of pictures

about what am i doing.

So wish me luck that all will go smooth !

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,so lets get started.For my case i choosed pre-modded case from Raidmax and its Scorpio 868.

This case come with crappy 10$ PSU that was rated as 420 W.So when i ordered it i asked to remove

that PSU and get price even lower.Couple of days ago its arrived ! :) Love to get new stuff wrapped in nylon.

casemod00045wr.jpg

I have to admit that iam not ment to spend a lot,so when i looked for a case ,basicly,

it has to be nice looking and low price.When i first saw that case ,it was just it,the love

from the first sight.Clear side window with really nice Chromed Grill and 3 color Led-Fan

that came with it.It also came with two clear 80 mm fans in rear panel and those come

with temperature sensors.They will be replaced in future.

casemod00030ij.jpg

Front panel (door), have cool design too.It has the chromed "Z" that backlit with blue leds !

Right above and under the "Z" there are sections which light up red indicating drive activity.

I find it really attractive.I still don't get the board and PSU to light it up and show u how really

cool it glows in dark but it will be in near future.

In addition it comes with front USB ports under secret flap.

Ok,untill the rest of the stuff comes i needed to prepare my case a little bit .

So i had to drill two 80 mm rear holes and additional two 80 mm holes in front

to help good air flow.To cover the edges i couldnt get Door Edge Molding so,

i used rubber O-rings cuted allmost to the end in the middle and glued them.

They will also serv as dumperers for fans.

casemod00024kc.jpgcasemod00013gi.jpg

I have to say ,that i was really amaized ,when i saw the front panel for fans.

Totally u can mount 4 intakes.....maybe different colors ?...

Some vacuum cleaner that is..... ;)

That's why i will place my new rig on table......not to suck all the dust ....

GJ with the cutting, very clean, but why 80mm? I take it you don't mind noise? 120mm is a lot quieter, pushes more air with less RPM. Would a fan that size fit there?

GJ with the cutting, very clean, but why 80mm? I take it you don't mind noise? 120mm is a lot quieter, pushes more air with less RPM. Would a fan that size fit there?

maybe in the front but def not in th back , thats why i have a full tower :cool:

Tnx guys for replys !

I will not run 80 mm fans at full speed controlling by fan controller.

And i going to buy silent fans...so will see....fans be here maybe in a week.

Allright ! Next package arrived ! Its the Tagan i-Xeye PSU,some UV green molex connectors and Yellow

UV reactive sleeving kit.Well,i am really amaized of the package of this PSU.Very impressive.Even the box

glows in dark room.I have to say its very neat product.

Inside ,everything is separated and seems packaged very well.

psu0001uh9.jpgpsu0002cf2.jpg

Inside we got PSU with wires a little black box and manual.Lets see what this little black box have inside.

psu0003rh9.jpg

Nice,box have Power Cable,5 different colors "stick-on" stripes that i find will be really helpfull in the case and

some screws.The unit him self looks also very nice ! I love it black !This unit have 2 x 80 mm fans,rear and front.

Both of those fans have 4 blue leds wich will nicely glow in the dark room.Also it have the clear bottom window

with the market "X" sign.Greenish-Yellowish "X" sign paint around the window is UV reactive paint. This window

is also backlit with 2 blue leds.This unit glows !! The pics of all it working will be later in the building process.

psu0010vo2.jpgpsu0004iw8.jpg

Ok,lets get to the connectors.

Pic (1) :

Unit have basic ATX12V 20-pin M/B connector with additional 4-pin main connector for EPS12V/BTX/ATX v2.2

wich transforms to 24 pin connector.Basic ATX/BTX12V/P4 4-pin M/B connector with additional 12V/P4

connector for EPS12V (8-Pin).Both wires is sleeved into blue UV reactive coating.It also have VGA/HDD power

connector wich is regular 4-pin molex connector.As u notice ,the cables of this connector are shielded with

copper-mesh against DFI/EMI.

Pic (2):

2x15-pin SATA connectors and additional 6-pin connector for PCI-e cards.This 6-pin connector cables are also

shielded with copper-mesh against DFI/EMI.

psu0005bu7.jpgpsu0006xy6.jpg

Next we have 2 wires that each of them have 2 x 4-pin molex connector and small 4-pin floopy connectors.

One floopy will go for my floopy and the second will go to mobo.Another 2 wires have also 2 x 4-pin molex

on each one wich i allready started to sleeve.Lots of connectors.Its definately, that one Sleeving Kit won't

be enough for all those wires.

psu0009ag9.jpgpsu0008hz2.jpg

That's all for now.Will wait for the next package to arrive.Seems that my mobo comes only in a week.

So check for the updates.

Peace.

Little updates !

Finally found some time for the big sucka 24-pin cable ! Maan...that thing need lot of patience and i have it a lot.

So here it is ,nicely sleeved,just love it.

And ofcourse ,to check if i get all wires right in their places i had to connect it to current PC and see if nothing blows up.

Pushing the "Power On" knob was the scary moment of all.

But everything goes well and nothing got on fire.Finally my PSU glows as it should be,enjoy the pics.

24pinsleeved9cj.jpgtaganixeyeon9hw.jpg

Damn it !

After week waiting,the local store call me,they said they got the Mobo and they ready

to send it to me over mail.I told them not to even think about it,in fear the power and reset switches will be smashed in the mail i told them that i come to take it.

Allright,took me 1 hour driving to the store and finally got my hands on the Mobo.

Damn,i so inlove with it.....

So ,i payed them and then ,when excitement is over i remembred of what i should check

in the first place.Thanks to this thread.I checked and wuala ! The power and reset buttons

smashed so hard that the little black parts was all over the board !!!

Why o why ,the DFI decide to put the sound module exactly over those freakn-easy breaking switches.

So....the lab saw it by them self...and i asked to give me another one.

And they said they have only this one ! Just for me ! hahahah.....they told me they will replace it but i need to wait...another week probably !

I told them..u know what...if u make the price lower (i payed 210 $ in our money) by lets say 50 $ ..well...even if its broken i will take it.....they didn't agreed ,ofcourse ,50 $ more rich they be.

What a bummer.

I hope new board won't be broken.....i'll update...:(