weird logon problem

First i apologize if this is in the place, now on to my problem. For the last couple of days when i turn my rig on it never gives my an option of selecting which profile to choose mine of the guest could someone please help me.

Thanks

So are you logging on with your profile?........asuming you are part of a workgroup, not a domain. Go into control panel and open users account. See if guest account is turned off. If it is, turn it on. Now when you boot it should bring you to the logon screen.

Give this a shot.

Go into Control Panel>Users. Make sure "Fast User Switching" is turned on.

Then go to Start> Run and type in "control userpasswords2" and hit enter.

Towards the top of the dialoge box, check the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." selection and answer OK.

Reboot and see if it works.

First I want to thank everyone for there help, now the good news is I took StephenC's advice and created a limited user acct and now it works but here's my concern, i'm not sure if I should delete it or keep it ( yes I know I could delete it and if it goes back to it's evil way's I could just re-add the ltd user acct) but does anyone know, if not i'll give it a try later. Once again thanks.