Occt Cpu Not Stable Wtf?

K OCCT is very picky thats why it is a good pre curser to to doing your prime 95! OCCT will see if your CPU is stable in 30 minutes where as Prime 95 may take up to anywhere from 1-8 hours to see if your cpu is stable! (in my experience as well as others). I use OCCT to see if my cpu is stable then if it is i run my prime!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those timings look really tight. Trrd of 2 sounds low, try 3, and Max Async Latency of 5 seems a bit optimistic, try 7 or 8ns. Check out the Corsair Value RAM threads using the search feature in this forum, or Google.

Failure at the 5% point of OCCT Test is normal, it means you can idle fine, but as soon as the load hits you failed the test. Check the timer, normally OCCT Test lets you idle for 60 seconds to set a baseline temp, then starts ramping up the CPU load to 100% :)

I agree with Vista about the tight timings. Try the following changes, leave the rest in auto as before:

LDT multiplier = x 4 (your tweaker shot shows x5...link speed)

Trrd = 5

Max Async = 8

Read Preamble = 6

Tref = 3072

It looks to me like the SPD of the Corsair VS is telling the bios to set things too tight. Maybe this is the flaw with value series ram and the Ultra-D...mismatched ram table??? Anyway, gives these a try and see how it goes.....

Keep the:

Vddr = 2.7 or 2.8

and the Vcore (CPU VID) slightly bumped up to about 1.425v

m :)

hahah I know I love this ., I will be doing this almost forever, now I am trying this settings

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency - 222

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio - 4x

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 9x

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - Startup

CPU VID Control - 1.375v

CPU VID Special Control - Auto

LDT Voltage Control - 1.20v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v

DRAM Voltage Control - 2.6v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 180

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 2.5

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 8

Row precharge time (Trp) - 3

Row Cycle time (Trc) - Auto

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - Auto

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - Auto

Write recovery time (Twr) - Auto

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - Auto

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - Auto

Refresh Period (Tref) - Auto

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - Auto

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength - Level 4

Max Async Latency - 08.0 nano secs

Read Preamble Time - Auto

IdleCycle Limit - 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x

Bypass Max - 07 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(8 Bursts)

I still have error with the OCCT but Prime runs lovely for 4 hour now

I can play UT2k4 very stable with all the programs I am running so anyways what should I do just not listen to OCCT? or having the pc very stable at this settings doesn't mean my cpu or memory is under risk?

I just pass the whole afternoon prime95 and It was fine, I don't know dude this . is .ing . me off this deal about occt program, I do memtest and prime95, the temp at the settings above I am using now they look just fine I dunno where is the problem now, the temp of my cpu is only 34° to 40° while I am doing prime test I guess the pc is very stable I haven't get any blue screen I am playing right now UT2004 and the pc is been running just fine.

here is a screen shot of the prime and a64 tweaker and cpu-z

http://www.dejavuamstaffs.com/222x9.jpg

Try the Prime95 Torture Test instead. Prime95 isn't checking for errors past the first hour unless you use the Torture Test. Also, try uninstalling/reinstalling OCCT, as it can be picky about what was installed before and after it. Try running SuperPI on the 32M test. You really should be able to pass OCCT's 30 minute test!

Some of those A64 Tweaker DRAM settings still look amazingly tight for Corsair Value RAM, but ultimately, if you can game or do what you want with the system, it's as stable as you need it to be for the mission.

Guest Blooz1

I also had an OCCT failure this afternoon while testing.

The way this failure occurred was very strange - there was a message saying that the failure occurred in the 29th minute of the test. Now, if you've looked at the graphs that are generated by the program, this should have been during the "cool-down" phase of the test!

I gave the Vcore a small bump (1.375 to 1.400), and ran the program again. The rig passed, but just to be sure I ran the test a second time, which also passed.

I've been pretty lucky with this test. Today was my first failure, but due to the time it happened at I'm wondering if this was just a fluke?