Sign in to follow this  
Helix

OCZ performance

sup all, i have a DFI NF4 SLI-DR mobo and OCZ OCZ6251024ELDCPE-K 512x2 ram

Im trying to raise the Voltage of my ram in my BIOS from 2.6v (default) to 3.0v.

I have my cpu VID control feild of the genie bios set to 1.475v

I moved my jp17 jumper to increase the voltage to my ram so i can select 3v

And I have selected a cpu voltage other than auto but what happens is this, when i select 3v and i go to move to another field it jumps right back to 2.6v

The other thing i would like to inquire about is my ram speed, using everest, the reports of my Memory Speed is PC4800 (300 MHz) but i have PC5000 625MHz

I would like to change it so my ram is performing at the levels they were designed to perform at. i know this is achieved in the bios im not sure how.

Please any info you can share with me about this would be very helpful

thanx in advance

Helix

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Get your sig built so we can have all of the info we need.

Right off the top without all of the info, I can say you probably do not need 3V on the DRAM since the memory is TCCD.

Take a look at this thread...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12080

Especially posts 10 and 11.

and this thread...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10740

Everest has a problem with the SPD display even in the new release 2.00.335. It has been reported. If you look closely at the SPD display in Everest you will see that it lists the @312 3-4-4-10 timings correctly.

If you run cpuz you will see the correct SPD info for the memory.

Post back with the kind of info you see in my sig.

sup all, i have a DFI NF4 SLI-DR mobo and OCZ OCZ6251024ELDCPE-K 512x2 ramHelix

Flash to a newer BIOS. You're using the 1/25, right now. The only way to change DRAM Voltage is to use PageUp/PageDown, then F10 save immediately after.

Grab the 3/10 BIOS.

You are correct about everest, I have CPUZ and that displayed the correct info about my RAM.

CPUZ reports my RAM running at 312 MHz i thought it was 625Mhz each stick of ram

I was under the impression each ram module ran at 625mhz i think im wrong, origionally this was the reason i wanted to OC my ram and increase to voltage to OC them from 312 to 625 MHz each ha ha =)

Flash to a newer BIOS. You're using the 1/25, right now. The only way to change DRAM Voltage is to use PageUp/PageDown, then F10 save immediately after.

Grab the 3/10 BIOS.

Can i use that BIOS on my type of MOBO, would it be better ?

One last thing, what do i need to see if my cpu passes Prime 95?

thanks again;

Helix

Any official BIOS will work in the nF4 motherboards. If you are having problems you can try a BETA BIOS.

You can use the BIOS tab in Everest to see the BIOS you have loaded. The listing in your sig is the BIOS program version. All BIOSes will list their date and type like 05/09-2 and show up in Everest as 05/09/2005 with additional text in the string.

Does each ram module run at 625 MHz? or 312MHz?

The memory will run at 312X2 for DDR(Double Data Rate) RAM. When we state a speed of 625 the mutliplier is already taken into account. This speed is the core memory speed so both sticks will run at that speed. Dual Channel is the width of the data path, 128 for dual and 64 for single channel memory.

so if i under stand correctly, both stix are running at 625 each?

1stick=625 DIMM 2

1stick=625 DIMM 4

or is it

1stick=312 DIMM2

1stick=312 DIMM4

for a total of 624 (to be exact) =)

i read that iguess i just dont understand it lol

all im trying to figure out is what speed my new DDR ram is running at right now just as they are.

does it require 2 stix of my DDR ram to run at 625 MHz

ok how about if i only had one of these would that be running at 625 mhz?

....:( for give my nubish questions