Sign in to follow this  
Gaara v2.0

SD recommended bios

hey all, i have been reading as much as i can about which bios to use for the san diego, and after all i have read, i havnt pinpointed a version that will in fact work. i have 5/10 diamond flashed on a floppy rite now, the one that support venice, will this be ok?

i apologize if this question was answered before in another thread, my eyes are getting kinda sore from reading so much lol , thx in advance

btw-those specs will be what i will be using, once the chip comes in, for now, its just waitin on the SD

I'm running the 510-2 myself, which one depends on your RAM. In order to flash your bios, you will need a separate DOS boot disk, I get mine from www.bootdisk.com

I use the 2nd one down, the driver free disk for bios flashing. Make sure you write down the exact file name of the bios file, you will need to enter it. All you do is let the system boot into DOS with the boot disk, then switch disks to the one with the Award Flash utility and bios file. Type in awdflash.exe, it will then prompt you for the name of your bios file you want to flash. Type in the name of your bios file, in your case N4D510-3.BIN Let it do its thing, and when the flash is done, don't press F1 to reboot, shut your system down instead.

Follow the DFI procedure to clear your CMOS, reset the jumper and reboot, and you are ready to go. :cool: :cool:

I'm running the 510-2 myself, which one depends on your RAM. In order to flash your bios, you will need a separate DOS boot disk, I get mine from www.bootdisk.com

I extracted the 2 files that came from betas 5/10 1-3, and just put them on the floppy, did not format the floppy first. Is this correct? Also, the offical 3/10 on DFI website, came with an exe that auto formats then writes the files on the floppy...so did the file from the above quote. thx

format a:, then copy files to disk, or does it matter?

I usually format the disk first, it only takes a minute, then extract the files and copy to disk. I have used the utility from the website that makes the disk, that works also if you plan on using that bios revision.