4v NF4 Jumper Worrying You? Try This Trick!

I just wanted to make mod in advance - not to return to it later on if I feel the need.

IF you do the jumper mod but dont raise your 3.3v psu rail up .. Then try to use a higher vdimm in bios it is possible something can get damaged..
You mean there might be a problem if I raise the vdimm higher than 3.3v or higher than stock?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question from me:

When setting the jumber to 3.3V i cannot have vdimm over 3.08 Volts.

I need 3.12 volts & the only way that i can get it is by putting the jumber to 4V option.

So this tip here will help or my PSU is responsible for its crappy 3.3 rail?

ANTEC True Power 430W is my PSU by the way.

I know that it is not recommended to run at 4Vjumber when someone wants less than 3.2Vdimm...am i right?

• 3 months later...

A word of warning to anyone trying this mod:

I have determined that it has been causing the artifacting I have been getting recently with my 7900GT. The problem is probably compounded by the fact that I am watercooling and have very little airflow in my case. I think some part of my card must be overheating. I've decided to go with new memory (2x1GB) that doesn't require so much voltage.

PS

I was running my 3.3V at 3.6

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody.i have a question about this mod.

I have an Enermax Noistaker 370W dual rail with a 20 pins connector.I've measured the 3.3V rail,and it reads 3.38-3.4V.

Can i perform this mod?Is it safe?:confused: I don't have adjustable rails....and supposing the mod works,will i get enough juice to run my mushkin LVL2 black at 3.3V??

• 2 months later...

UPDATE(made Vsense):

I know it's been a long time since people haven't posted here,but i have a problem with the trick on my board.I have a very profi Vsense on my Enermax Noisetaker.One pot adjusts 3.3V between 3.3V and a Max value...and the other pot...adjusts the Max value.

Now i have set the the 3.3V rail at 3.56V measured on a profi multimeter.I set the jumpers in the correct position....and if i set VDIMM at 3.4V..all i get is 3.3V rock stable(read in the BIOS).If i set VDIMM at 3.3V i get the same thing.With or without +0.03 Enable.What's the problem?Why can't i get 3.4V VDIMM with a 3.56V on the rail ? The difference between VDIMM and 3.3V rail is too small ?? The first posts said some thing about a 0.25 difference to a have a proper regulation and a rock stable VDIMM.

But i saw that someone had a 3.6V on the rail..and a 3.5V stable on VDIMM,on a PC&C 510W.Or was he saiyng bollocks?

I should mention that the voltages are rock stable..and i have only a 0.05 Drop on the 12V rail between load and idle.

PS:Where can i measure the VDIMM on the board?