4v NF4 Jumper Worrying You? Try This Trick!

I would like to know if this mod would work with other power supplies? Say like Enermax? All my settings are stock no overclocking. Would this mod benefit my setup at all. Yeah I am having tough time understanding lots a stuff here at DFI forums but, I am sticking it out.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Not to be a total noob, but i need help figuring out how to use the DMM. My cables have jumper that you attach to the unit, one red one black, but three places to attach them: not sure which the red goes to.

spot 1 reads 10ADC

spot 2 reads V(omega sign)mA

spot 3 reads COM

Which should I connect the red cable to?

I saw I should set to 20 DCV?

Also I assume I will power the pc up with the red cable pin inserted into the orange wire on the 24 pin connector?

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

good method!!!...but it work only at idle mode!!!...

As soon as the pc is load the vdimm go down (in range 0,1-0,2v :( ...and the system is unstable....

the jp17 jumper give a great stability on vdimm (0,00v difference in idle and load!!! :nod: )...

I put a 92x92 fan on jp17 area (about 30-40cmf)...and go fast,cold and very stable with 3,5v on my utt/bh5 ;)

good method!!!...but it work only at idle mode!!!...

As soon as the pc is load the vdimm go down (in range 0,1-0,2v :( ...and the system is unstable....

That most likely means your 3.3v rail is not high enough..

By the looks of your sig the rig that your bh5 is in has a Enermax psu, this doesnt have adjustable rails.. So unless you volt modded it im assuming your trying this vdimm method without raising your 3.3v rail which would explain why its drooping under load..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dynamic

The question is how many people actually fried anything while using the 4v jumper on the DFI motherboard? I'm getting a DFI board here soon and i want my BH-5 to have a welcome home. As you can see my Modstream doesn't have adjustable rails, so i'm going with the jumper on the board. I'm currently using a OCZ DDR Booster which is safer i'm assuming then the DFI 4v jumper obtion right?

The question is how many people actually fried anything while using the 4v jumper on the DFI motherboard? I'm getting a DFI board here soon and i want my BH-5 to have a welcome home. As you can see my Modstream doesn't have adjustable rails, so i'm going with the jumper on the board. I'm currently using a OCZ DDR Booster which is safer i'm assuming then the DFI 4v jumper obtion right?

We have seen less evidence of failed memory using the booster. No one has been able to do any scientific testing, but evidence seems to point that way.

I have never had any memory fail in my 2 DFI NF4 boards using the 4v jumper, so I can't test a board with a booster to see if that helps. Nothing dies for me, so using a booster would prove nothing in my case.

I have never had any memory fail in my 2 DFI NF4 boards using the 4v jumper, so I can't test a board with a booster to see if that helps. Nothing dies for me, so using a booster would prove nothing in my case.

Ive never had anything die either (well not from the 4v jumper..lol).. and Ive used the 4v jumper on two different boards.. I dont use high voltage ram 247 but when I do they get beat on pretty good..

I also cool the top half of my board with 2x 80mm fans (39cfm's each.. )

hi there,

Well i admit to having little knowledge as far as oc goes (have all the right gear but not a lot of time) but i have blown to lots of ocz ram( quickly replaced) and 2 dfi slr-d boards(unoffical cause ) the offical way to change the jumper.

But since i ve use the unoffical way now, using between 2.7 and 3.5 on gskill and my reds not one problem :)

Oops thats if you dont count the 3 powerstreams ive had replaced in the last 2 months :( but again replayced in a couple of days ).

best

joe

• 1 month later...
What if I do the jumper mod but don't adjust PSU rails and stick with stock voltage. Will there be any harm to the system?

Why would you want to do this jumper mod if your gona use stock voltage ?

IF you do the jumper mod but dont raise your 3.3v psu rail up .. Then try to use a higher vdimm in bios it is possible something can get damaged..

Btw.. Please read the forum rules and make a sig with your complete system specs.. !