4400+ Dual Core - initial overclocks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2750 just aint happening yet...i going to go back to 2640Mhz which was pretty stable

i can run all the benches @ 2750 and get one core to do 9h prime stable but the second core fails prime in about 4 minutes...ah well...maybe i should quit posting and get back to it eh?

lol the 74GB version is SATA II aint it?

(ive got 3 36GB Raptors myself, but im really liking these 80GB Hitachi SATA II's)

i think i've fixed not being able to prime both cores @ 2750Mhz by moving the 4v vdimm jumper as I dont think i was getting enough steady voltage to the vdimm, plus I upped the vcore by +.025v and now it is priming both cores like a champ @ 1.45v vcore!

getting 56C cpu temps and 54C PWMIC temps (my PWMIC's do not have heatsinks on them!)

I have 2 of those in raid 0 like a million other users and i can tell you they are definitely SATA 1 drives. The only thing about them is that instead of NCQ like the new SATA II drives they implement TCQ (Tagged Command Queueing) which really isnt used by many controllers except for the Pacific Digital Talon (PCI SATA controller)

lol the 74GB version is SATA II aint it?

(ive got 3 36GB Raptors myself, but im really liking these 80GB Hitachi SATA II's)

i think i've fixed not being able to prime both cores @ 2750Mhz by moving the 4v vdimm jumper as I dont think i was getting enough steady voltage to the vdimm, plus I upped the vcore by +.025v and now it is priming both cores like a champ @ 1.45v vcore!

getting 56C cpu temps and 54C PWMIC temps (my PWMIC's do not have heatsinks on them!)