Sign in to follow this  
Tropikal

San Diego + SLI-DR + TCCD Timings and Voltages

I have just upgraded to a San Diego for my SLI-DR motherboard, and i have 2x512 of PC3200 OCZ Plat rev 2. If some of you could start posting some settings to overclock this bad boy including memory timings and voltage settings that would be cool. Also pls specify on what BIOS version you are on.

Right off the box i tried to get it to 2500 x 10 and it didnt even get to Backup CMOS before it automatically rebooted. I flashed back to the 310 BIOS and right now i am on air at 240 x 11 = 2640 Mhz with VERY LAX timings 2.5-4-4-10.

I have 4 dimms of rev 2 in my hands and it seems both kits heat up a lot when overclocked even only at 240. I m having them at 2.9v since supposedly tccd loves 2.9. I tried a couple of passes of memtest and everything was fine, have yet to test occt and whatever else, but before i start messing around with it i d like to have some settings to look at.

Thanx guys ;)

Not so sure about the 2.9 on the TCCD I have always had my best results on TCCD with 2.7-2.8 and at times have seen that certain TCCD does not like anything above 2.8 but this has been on G.Skill LE. The OCZ may like the 2.9I don't know if you have tried the same timings at a lower Vdimm, if not give it a shot, would help keep the dimms cooler. Besides put a fan on em to be safe. Nice OC you got going anyway, with some tweaking you can get those setting tighter.

As a matter of fact i am now at tighter timings and lower vdimm voltage. I reached 2700Mhz for the cpu at the same vcore and i am now at 270x10 at timings 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8v. I left prime running overnight and no errors, occt was stable as well.

At the moment i m cooling with the zalman 7700 Al-Cu but i bought an xP-120 so we ll see how that goes. I don'tlike having the cpu at 50 under full load, it seems a bit high to me. (38 idle 50 under load)

I know the cpu can do more, i m not sure what the limit of the memory is..

Forgot to mention, with the 76.50 drivers installed (from 3dGuru) at these settings this baby pulls 82800 Aquamark3 and 27000 3dmark2001

Getting ready to test the SD 3500 now that the Enermax 600W and the XP-120 are here.

I ll get posting as soon as i get it somewhat stable just so others can take a look at where i am at and start from there.

In a few days i ll know with better accuracy what stable is..

If those RAM settings can help. Note that I'm using a 3500+ ClawHammer not a San Diego, might work for you anyway. GL

FSB Bus Frequency: 300

LTD/FSB Frequency Ratio: X 3.0

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16/16

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: X 9.0

PCI Express Frequency: 100 Mhz

K8 Cool & Quiet Support: Disable

CPU Vid Startup Value: Startup

CPU Vid Control: 1.450v

CPU Special Vid Control: Above Vid * 110%

LTD Voltage Control: 1.20v

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.50v

Dram Voltage Control: 2.90v

Run Memtest86: Disable

MAC Lan: Auto

MAC Media Interface: PinStrap

Machine MAC NV Address: Disable

Internal Phy SATA 1/2: Disable

Internal Phy SATA 3/4: Enable

Si I3114 sATA Raid Control: Disable

VIA 1394 Control: Enable

Marvel Giga Lan Control: Enable

Dram Frequency: 200 (DRAM/FSB:1/01)

Command Per Clock (cpc): Enable

Cas Latency Control (tcl): 2.5

Ras to Cas Delay (trcd): 3

Min Ras Active Time (tras): 7

Row Precharge Time (trp): 3

Row Cycle Time (trc): 7

Row Refrsh Cycle Time (trfc): 14

Row to Row Delay (trrd): 2

Write Recovery Time (twr): 2

Write to Read Delay (twtr): 2

Read to Write Delay (trwt): 2

Refresh Period (tref): 3632

Write Cas Latency (twcl): 1

Dram Bank Interleave: Enable

DQS Skew Control: Increase Skew

DQS Skew Value: 255

Dram Drive Strength Level: Level 7

Dram Data Drive Strength: Level 2

Max Async Latency: 0.8 nano seconds

Read Preamble Time: 0.5 nano seconds

Idle Cycle Limit: 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter: Disable

R/W Queue Bypass: 16X

Bypass Max: 7X

32 byte Granularity: Disable (8 Bursts)

Many hours of Memtest86 at 300 x 9, 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.9v 1T 1:1 :nod:

i wish i could try those settings but i have just packaged the only pci-e card that i have cause it s getting rma'd and now i m stuck on my old p4 rig with a whole 32mb of video ram..

I did try the timings and settings i wanted (which was 270x10 @ 2.5-3-3-7 with 2.7v on the ram and 1.350 with vid 113%) and it WAS 1 hr memtest + 1 hr test #8 memtest stable.

Got into windows tested occt and completed succesfully.

Then i tried prime and the system started locking up on me. After a few retries it started again giving me the no-reboot/blank screen treatment .. so i ripped it apart and decided to get bak to it with a perfectly working video card (which is as soon as i get one back from BFG).

As soon as i get the chance i lll try those as well though ;)

Thanx a lot for your suggestion

Damn, AM3 at 80k..? I'm running the exact same thing (3700+ @ 270x10 2.5-3-3-7) with a 6800GT overclocked to ultra and I'm only getting around 77K.

Might be my disabled interleave. Well, back the drawing board.. :)

Try the 76.50 drivers from guru3d and select the A3 profile in drivers settings .. that might bump it up a bit

Damn, AM3 at 80k..? I'm running the exact same thing (3700+ @ 270x10 2.5-3-3-7) with a 6800GT overclocked to ultra and I'm only getting around 77K.

Might be my disabled interleave. Well, back the drawing board.. :)

Hmm, I'm using the 76.45A variant..

I see they released a "b". Might have to check it out. Careful with that BFG card.. they are tricksey

Hmm, I'm using the 76.45A variant..

I see they released a "b". Might have to check it out. Careful with that BFG card.. they are tricksey

Never had a problem with my old AGP BFG 6800GT and that is why i switched to my BFG 6800GT PCI-E whan i changed board. I had a problem with this last one, called BFG up, got an rma and now i am waiting for the new card to come back. They have great products and very nice support 24/7.

Anyhow i wouldnt want to steer too much from topic, i d like to see some posts with some settings for the San Diego / SLI-DR (or whatever u got it on) / TCCD memory on this thread.. that s why it s there anyway..

I'd give you the timings for my 4800 plats (tcc5), but they are running under spec as is now at DDR550 so....

That s fine, just post the settings , it will at least be an index for what concerns the processor, voltage and vid control and so on ;)