Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Adams_merged

Anyone with an Infinity/lanparty board with sempron that runs?

Yeah i'm pretty sure the nf7-s2g won't work with a mobile, something was incompatible with it so it's either my mobile cpu ram or psu because those are what I can't swap out with another brand. I doubt it's the psu and i'd bet on the cpu before the ram. If I get a sempron and this board won't work it's going to become a charred piece of abit hate nailed to my wall. I think I'll go with the sempron though because I can find one with a stock hsf for $60, I doubt i could find an old t-bred for less and even then I wouldn't trust an e-bayer to say how much they clocked it. I think that nf7-s2g could handle a sempron at 9.5x200 or 10x200 even though it's pretty neutered I saw an online review where some guy said he was running his at 10x275 :tooth: anyone that buys off that review deserves a pos

Are you sure the guy in the review wasn't refering to a Socket 754 Sempron Surrept?

275 x10 is pretty much impossible for a Socket A Sempron, and pretty much any Socket A board even :D

Like i said, that 2300+ i got my nephew has no probs running at 210 x9.5(2ghz), over a 400mhz overclock which you can't complain at really. And that was the highest i ever tried taking it. Not bad for a budget proc, so i think you can get lucky with some :) If i'd had the budget i'd have rather opted for a Barton Mobile for him though...

4 sempron buy a mobo with via chip (no nf2). why?

Becouse:

1) 4 example sempron 2200 @ 1.4GHz can easily overclocked (with a mod to mobile [unlock multiplier]) to 2.2-2.4GHz . Support well 200fsb & without raise vcore at 2.2 GHz (with a nf2 mobo u CANT unlock multiplier). The temp of core raise only a couple of ºC at 2.2GHz vs 1.4GHz

2) I have a serious problem with sempron 2600 & dfi nf2 ultra infinity:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13230

Surrept,

How much you thinking of spending on the psu?If you check some forums you can still pickup some Thoroughbred-b's

The guy that was talking about 275x10 was talking about socket A for sure but i dont think he mentioned a sempron, that was for the knock off nf7-s2g so the guys an idiot for several reasons, 1 he was probably refering to a barton 3200+ 2 abit doesn't take to high fsb at all 3 even if it did this is a generic crap shot of a board and 4 socket A doesn't see 275 from anyone

djalma: I all ready have the nf2 board so thats what i'm going with, 9.5x200+ will be plenty fine by me. Also I know theres a hard wire mod for the bartons that lets you change the multi so theres a chance it carries over to the sempron.

Playah: I'm looking for as cheap as possible so long as I can get around 2ghz, something close to 10x200 is all i'm shooting for. I'll look around some forums though, another toy to tinker with is never a bad thing

Steve Adams: You should look into the hard wire mod to change multi if you don't want to return your cpu and/or mobo. I'm not certain if it'll solve your problems but it's worth a shot

edit: Heres the guys exact review

"I love this board. I just bought it for my son, he can't get over the amazing speed i pulled out of it for him. I have it running at 275-FSB overclocked with a AMD ATHLON XP 3200+. Haha, this is definitly the best bang for the buck."

Surrept,check it out,

Antec truecontrol 550w

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=391243

1700+ JIHUB,looks like a nice little OCer

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=387850

Mafe sure to check out their Heat or trader rating and how long they been a member,if you deal w/anyone make sure you have their home phone,etc.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=360139

Thanks alot playah, I'll check those out. That antec looks like a better one then mine (antec truepower400+), I might have to spend the little extra on that. I'll have to think about the 1700+

Oh and thanks for some links in another post btw, it led me to finding out exactly what chips I have. They're some mosel 7.5ns chips.

As it turns out I don't have quite the parts I'd need to build another system for myself, but luckily a friend of mine has a friend in need of a cheap audio pc so I'll be useing some spare parts to build that. I messaged the guy about that psu but he doesn't have heat :( I'm still really unsure about that T-bred, 2.3-2.4 daily must have taken some decent voltage, I don't really know enough to decide on a used cpu :confused: The other option i'm looking into is a sempron t-bred, i would be banking on the chance that it can be hard wired to a different multiplier. It's suggested to work for barton and t-breds but i have no idea if a sempron t-bred is the same as a reg t-bred

Playah: the heatsinks had a sticker on them saying Mushkin lvl2 enhanced memory cas 222 before I took them off