660 & 875P-T @ 4983Mhz On Water

First post here fellas, some of you may find me familiar :D Anyway, despite all the 875P-T issues/complaints, I find mine quite workable with this CPU. I am sooo close to 5Ghz on plain old water (well not so plain, but radiator cooled anyway). The day I got the CPU (week ago) I was able to do 4730Mhz and no more, after a week of FAH she will almost touch 5Ghz. I ran P95 for only 20mins at that speed, it did not crash or error, however, my zone alarm pro decided to hose itself and lose all my settings :rolleyes: I nomally run this setup at 4523Mhz for everyday stable, temps (since I know you'll ask :D ) are reported to be 41-42C in my now 75F office. Those who say 20 PIN PSU's don't work fine in a 24PIN Mobo are WRONG :nod: Rails at load well, Ill give you my MBM screenie too.

4983.gif

mbm875.gif

And for a few rig pics:

shroud3.jpg

pumpside.jpg

moboside2.jpg

Yes when I first got the board I put the Abit NB active cooler on it, however it quickly came off as it was a loud bugger. I have been running the stock passive sink for 2 months now or so. Voltage for the 4983 was, 1.55vcore, 2.9vdimm, 1.8vagp. For my everyday settings i run 1.45vcore, 2.8vdimm and 1.7vagp, this at 4523 mhz or so. Ram timings are 7-4-4-3, nothing spectactular, I actually havent tried for better timings, SPD on this ram is 8-4-4-3 and I always run 1:1 as the divider is not so great.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice chipset heatsink nikhsub1 :shake: Does it still spin btw, LOL.

What power supply are using? I have an Enermax EG651P-VE 550w and I was wondering if it would power this motherboard with out problems (its 20 pins ATX). Also, where can I find a 20 to 24 pin ATX adapter?

What is the max FSB this motherboard can reach with the newest BIOS? My plans consist in buying the 620 (or 630?) 3.0E and I would need at least 267 mhz FSB.

Wow, that's excellent.

My 650 isn't going anywhere, but I must try new RAM. Can't get 14x multi to work, so I don't actualy know if it is my RAM holding me back. Anyway, once I get a cpu block which fits properly (current one needs a shim) I'll do another test.