Sign in to follow this  
Duke Raoul

DFI noob help

Just upgraded to A64 and DFI from my old NF7 and 2500XP.

Can you guys give me a bit of help to get me started? I'm sure i'll be back with more dumb questions but for now can you answer me this?

I've never used Winflash before and just wanna check a couple of things before i get going. I'm flashing from the 01/25 bios to 3/10 but do i want to update the Boot Block, DMI Block and Mainblock or just one/a combination of the above.

Do i want to load optimised defaults before i do it as well?

Also the board detected my VX's speeds as 3-3-3-3-2CMD!!! when i installed everything and i wanna know if i can just pop then down to where they should be 2-2-2-8-1 and leave the rest of the settings that are new to me (A64 ones) on auto until i've got time to properly read about them. I know you got to set the CPU vid control to something other than auto before you can change the jumper to get the voltage for the RAM up. I do plan to overclock (duh) but wanna have a bit of a play around first to find my bearing.

One more thing do i want to have my RAM in 2&4 (where it is at the mo) or 1&3 - i'm gonna be putting some volts through it :D

btw quality idea having dfi staff on the board

thanks

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

flashed the bios with Diamond Flash so all good there.

and i've found the pages to explain memory, will have to sit down with that one.

but can you please explain what each of these are, esp*

Cpu Startup VID

CPU VID

CPU VID Special Control*

thanks

btw is there a version of MBM that works on the DFI?

I believe it is as follows (as far as timing)...

Startup VID --> voltage processor receives during POST process (startup through POST beep).

CPU VID x CPU VID Special Control --> voltage processor receives once the OS takes over