How to tell what to set cpu voltages to?

It seems like this can very alot, with the two voltage controls, especially the one that controls the %. How can you determine what to set these at? Is it pretty much trial and error?

There are any number of spread sheets users have made up that show what CpuVid plus Cpu Vid special actually give when used in conjunction with each other and a simple search likely will uncover them. H*ll I just use 126% add and know it is ~0.25 * CpuVid and the 'result'> added to the actual cpu vid and I can do a 25% computation in my head.

May even be a chart in the stickys here or in the overclocking thread.

RGone...

Also, does the vid and the vid special make a difference to get the end result? Like you can use a higher vid, then a lower special vid, then get a voltage, or switch it around, and get the same.

Also, does the vid and the vid special make a difference to get the end result? Like you can use a higher vid, then a lower special vid, then get a voltage, or switch it around, and get the same.

You can do it however you like...I think they went with this type of method so you can make very minute changes as opposed to the standard .025 increments on an nF2 for instance...

It has been suggested that using the lowest possible vcore and highest possible special is the trick. I've spend a fair amount of time playing with this, and as suggested by others, I have also found this to be a good area to play in for me ...

1.25 to 3.5 on vcore and 1.13 to 1.36 types of specials on the various combos.

I currently run 1.30 * 1.33 for my super stable overclock and 1.30 * 1.36 for my stable, but hot pwmic overclock