Sign in to follow this  
babyelf

DFI NF4 Ultra-D & OCZ Value VX

i dont see a bios version listed in your sig?

have you flashed past 3/16 and begun to use the yellow slots (recommended for high voltage memory like BH-5/UTT)

yep.. using 510 with 316 table now and yellow slots

sorry forgot to include bios

will try other bioses later..

tried 0648 and dropped trrd and twr to 3 DRAM drive strength to auto and data to 2 as recommended by OCZ in bleedingedge.. but same error still occurs..

i can finish 32mb superpi which is quite suprising.. and CSS for few hours without problems..

tried pushing it up to 255mhz and only one error msg as well.. same error address...

gonna change bios now

everything is fine now.. flashed to 331-2 and errors disappeared.. and i'm in windows at 3.4 instead of 3.5v now same settings..

will try to max this bios out now and then maybe try another bios later on..

thnx for all your help guys..

bah... error came back.... don't know why..

yellow dimm 40% error.. same error every loop

swap them over error at 70% now.. same error every loop

gonna try other bioses grrr

the every loop thing is kind of trippy my errors were happening after looping test 5 for at least a few passes before they would show up or they would pop up right at the 98% mark. this stuff is kinda picky but for the price i think its been worth all the tweaking of the settings. here is the timings im running in bios 200,enable,2,2,5,2,7,16,3,3,2,3,0648,auto,enabled,auto,0,level 8,level2,7,auto,256,disable,16,07,disable and im using 3.4 volts for 250 3.3 volts at 245

im sure your timings our pretty close to mine but i was hoping they might help 414-2 bios is what im usingwith the plus voltage option enabled.

How high of a voltage can I go to with the OCZ VX Value w/o having to add some kind of fan over the ram? I ask this because I don't really want to add a fan that would most likely be an 80mm fan that would cause more noise since I am building for a quiet system.

3.1-3.2 max

Yep babyelf is right, but I would recommend going with active cooling. I have been tinkering with my new setup, I was only able to hit ~220mhz stable @ 2-2-2-5 with about 3.0 - 3.2 volts without active cooling (sometimes i still had errors in memtest at speeds as low as 200mhz 2-2-2-5). Adding a 80mm fan I am now 100% stable at 250mhz and probably have a little more headroom. Right now im at 3.32 volts.

Your going to want an extra fan, even if its low speed. At least thats been my experience.

I am looking into getting some active cooling on my ram also, but I'm not really sure where to start. Are most people just getting fans and figuring out ways to make them stay in place?