Problems ocing A64 4000 SD

Hi Guys

Having major issues ocing my new A64 4000 SD.

I am currently on air with a thermalright xp-90c, and my temperatures are fine. I can't even get the cpu to be stable at 2.6 gig. It freezes during game play. Stable on windows. Another issue ive noticed when I clock is that I get strange texture flickering on 3d marks 05.

I was wondering if people with SD cores, who are clocking on air could spare some time and post me the settings that they are using on the bios i.e. voltage etc. I know it is definately not a ram issue as i used the same OCZ 3200 on my 3500. Plus it still freezes if I alter the FPS:CPU ratio so the ram is performing below the stock 200.

Unfortunately I forgot to note down the steppings of my cpu before i added the artic silver 5.

mobo is lanparty NF4 sli-dr. Im not an inexperienced clocker, but this does have me stumped just now, and Im not 100% sure of safe voltages for a san diego on air.

cheers

• 6 months later...
I have the same setup, and the same problem(s). My only difference is that I have cheap RAM.

That said, I managed to squeeze out 10,957 3DMarks in 3DMark05. That was w/o even OC'g the processor. :D

Proof?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been here for awhile because my questions never get answered and when I do get a response it's usually BS, aside from a few decent members. I couldn't quite get up to 10,957. Here's the best I could get:

3dmark0510826marks2ac.th.jpg

I have the same motherboard and CPU as you with 1GB OCZ Platinum Elite RAM running 300MHz X 9 1:1. I had to give the core 1.500v + 110% to get to 2.7GHz but it runs cool(on water) and is perfectly stable. I tried 2.75GHz but failed Prime 95 after a couple hours. I didn't feel comfortable with more voltage so I stopped at 2.7.