nf3 case fan idea

cBut

ok, i have a nf3 250Gb here and have ordered a zalman passive HS for the chipset because it runs pretty hot...

I was thinking that since i am modding the case alot i might as well put a fan in the bottom of the case to either suck air from or blow on the chipset.

i have some case feet on it so it stands ~1 1/4" above the ground so there is room for air to get in/out..

just wondering if anyone has tried this or has an opinion on it...

thx

Hi,

If you put a fan in the bottom it would be best to have it blowing upinto the case.. Only problem I see, is that it would pull dust and stuff through the bottom and make the inside of your rig very dusty.. Although this depends if your rig is on the floor or not I guess..

I would put a fan in the side door blowing onto the chipset sink.. That would be best imo..

ya, i was gonna put a fan in the side but my side panel is rather small and is mostly plexi (and i already ahve a fan in it) if i put another on it would interfere with my etching patterns...

if i do put a fan in the bottom blowing up it might interfere with the vid card fan but oh well

thanks for the advice :D

Guest Blooz1

I've seen postings where other people have done that, and they all pointed out that you will REALLY need a filter if you make the "bottom feeder" an intake.

Most of them said that setup worked pretty well.

l know i'm probly posting in the wrong thread. but this is the closest thread that i can find for my question. does any know if you can put a fan controller on a 92mm vantec tornado and if so could you please tell. because we tried and it did not work. maybe i had the wrong controller :confused: . thanks in advance for any help