Later batches of VENICE speed binned?

I've seen many threads across many forums that ppl are having trouble oc their Venice 3000+/3200+ over 2.4G stable (this also includes myself),so my question is are all the later batches of lower end Venice chips all speed binned?or is it just on a certain number of batches?

my chip can only do [email protected] stable

:mad:

Yeah these lower end Venice chips are a pain to get stable in Prime/SuperPi. I've just about had enough of it...I mean my previous 3200+ Winnie could do 2.65Ghz stable on stock cooling 24/7 and this Venice cannot pass SuperPi 32M at 2.6Ghz or higher. I think I'm going to get myself a nice 3700+ SD.

Well one thing's for sure, the LBBLE chips are the ones needing higher voltage to reach even 2.6-2.7Ghz whereas the CBBLE chips can get to 2.9-3.0Ghz with less than 1.6v (at least this is true of the 3200+ Venice). Mine is an LBBLE 0516 EPGW and I've seen others get the exact same one Prime/SuperPi stable up to 2.7Ghz at 1.6v+ but mine cannot even pass Prime at anything above 2.64Ghz.

Well one thing's for sure, the LBBLE chips are the ones needing higher voltage to reach even 2.6-2.7Ghz whereas the CBBLE chips can get to 2.9-3.0Ghz with less than 1.6v (at least this is true of the 3200+ Venice). Mine is an LBBLE 0516 EPGW and I've seen others get the exact same one Prime/SuperPi stable up to 2.7Ghz at 1.6v+ but mine cannot even pass Prime at anything above 2.64Ghz.

this one here only has 1.63 and its at 2700mhz, dunno how much is still in it tho

Guest Lukano

I feel like I'm missing something here - but I do have an LBBLE on a DFI Ultra-D. I'm having issues getting over 280 HTT (3000+ 9x max cpu multi).

I've been chocking it up to semi-questionable Corsair Valueselect ram (2.5-3-3-8) but this has me wondering.

What level of truth is there to the 'harder' OC with the LBBLE's?

If a lot - then any recommendations on voltage settings for breaking 300 HTT (3x HTT multi, 9x cpu multi, ram divider appropriate to the ram) from DFI Ultra-D owners?

i got mine at 1.64 volts running at 56c load with a huge fan in front of it.

HTT: 290

Multi: 9x

HT multi: 3x

LDT: 1.4v

Chipset: 1.8v

vCore: 1.640 (reported by smart guardian and cpu-z)

ram in 1 and 3. 186mhz at 2.9v (i have no idea why i raised the voltage when im underclocking it... but i dont wanna change cause its stable)

i want to push it more but at this voltage, i get 65c load with my side panel on and all fans running full speed. I may go watercooling soon and that surely make it go past 2.61ghz. 62c with side panel off. 56c with 20in fan blowing on it.

im just so jealous of the people running there's at around 1.45v and getting easily to 300HTT and even higher.

mines LBBLE 0516 btw. retail 3000+ from monarch.

Guest Lukano
was there ever a 3000+ with CBBLE stepping?

I'm pretty sure I've seen (like 99%) CBBLE 3000+ in a few databases of OC results - I just can't find them now (of course) :)