Memory specs not up to par

I have a quick question for you guys. I've got a set (512x2) of Kingston HyperX DDR400. According to their site, they spec out at 2-3-2-6-1 at 2.5V.

I've had some major stability issues with my rig, and I'm thinking its my mem. I can't get it to run at the timings above. Best I can get stable is 2.5-3-3-8-1. They are in the orange slots (2 and 4). I've also had these in an MSI board, and I couldn't even boot at 1T.

So my question is, is it acceptable to buy memory with certain timings and it not live up to those timings in the real-world? Does it change since you're using 2 sticks? If this is really messed - what have people done about it in the past?

Thanks!

It's my understanding that these timings are based on tests with Intel-based setups

I have a quick question for you guys. I've got a set (512x2) of Kingston HyperX DDR400. According to their site, they spec out at 2-3-2-6-1 at 2.5V.

I've had some major stability issues with my rig, and I'm thinking its my mem. I can't get it to run at the timings above. Best I can get stable is 2.5-3-3-8-1. They are in the orange slots (2 and 4). I've also had these in an MSI board, and I couldn't even boot at 1T.

So my question is, is it acceptable to buy memory with certain timings and it not live up to those timings in the real-world? Does it change since you're using 2 sticks? If this is really messed - what have people done about it in the past?

Thanks!