Sign in to follow this  
vengance_01

Whats wrong with the 1/25 bios??

Well I am testing a 3500 Venice, VX4000 gold, and Ultra D with stock bios and I am running at 2800MHZ and 255FSB 1:1 @1.5 volts and it just passed 8 million in super-pi, going for 16million now. So just throwing this out there, test before you flash, as I am not gonna flash till I have a problem. and 29secs at 1million run is sweet.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Hello,

The BIOS may cause your PC to hang at the POST screen if you plug in a USB storage device, like USB memory stick, card reader, hard drive...

It also did not work for many people, the timings were to tight by default and the problem seem to effect people with Ballistix memory modules and some OCZ modules.

So with the release of BIOS 310 all these problems went away.

Like you said, only flash if you feel it is going to cure a problem.

Notice that I am also still using BIOS 01/25/05 :)

Guest Pro
Hello,

The BIOS may cause your PC to hanf at the POST screen if you plug in a USB storage device, like USB memory stick, card reader, hard drive...

It also did not work for many people, the timings were to tight be default and the problem seem to effect people with Ballistix memory modules and some OCZ modules.

So with the release of BIOS 310 all these problems went away.

Like you said, only flash if you feel it is going to cure a problem.

Notice that I am also still using BIOS 01/25/05 :)

As am I...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11706

and those are the results I have been getting so far with this standard/default bios. I have one of the new Venice chips and I didn't even mess around with a new bios and things seem fine. Windows installed perfect with two sticks of memory and all. Priming right now.

Yup I would flash but it seems my chip is maxed at 2.8GHZ, but its weird only needs 1.48 volts for stabilty but yet not any amount of voltage will stablize it at 2850. I tried all kinds of different settings, but many ppl flash without even testing. But these Venice chips are nice.

To Angry Games, I was not looking for help. Thus its a warning for people, stock bios works great, and to flash only if you need a fix.

To Angry Games, I was not looking for help. Thus its a warning for people, stock bios works great, and to flash only if you need a fix.

the 1/25 bios does not have the proper cpu codes for the newer Venice/SD/Dual Core cpu's.

please do not suggest not flashing as an all-encompassing statement. Because it works for you is great.

most everyone else will need to flash at least 3/10 for proper venice/sandiego support and 5/10 for dual core support.

blanket statements like yours hurt our customers because they think what works for you in such a remote and rare case will work for them. When it does not 99.99% of the time (ie; you got lucky, just like if you only use a 20-pin 350w psu on the NF4 then you got lucky)

After reading this thread and still using the 1/25 shipping BIOS, I plugged in my USB SANDISK card reader. Above it was posted that the 1/25 BIOS has POST failure with USB devices, like card readers. I turned the rig off did a few cold BOOTS and a few warm BOOTS without issue.

So far so good with 1/25.

sparx