Does DFI support Spread Spectrum Clocking?

I downloaded the hitachi features which enables you to change various options for the hitachi deskstar SATA2 hd I bought, I enabled a couple options like SMART, and changed the transfer rate to 3.0 gigabits from 1.5. Now next to that option for the speed is Spread Spectrum Clocking and it says on the manual that the motherboard has to support it and i'm not sure.

"the short burst speed is where the SATA II Hitachi drives really shine when they are SATA II enabled (and Spread Spectrum Clocking enabled).

nearly 400MB/s bursts are pretty generous...and when you think about it, for normal use, there's very little sustained transfer (opening a webpage, MS Word, email, etc...even games....they only really hit sustained transfers on long level load times)

the 7200RPM spindle speeds create a bit of bottleneck, the 10k RPM Raptors make up for this only slightly (giving mainly higher access/seek speeds), and the 15k SCSI drives...well...the SCSI drives were MADE for all this high end stuff....but the price-performance ratio is terrible for normal users.

best bang for the buck so far is these Hitachi SATA II drives on the NV SATA II controller with 3.0Gb/s enabled and Spread Spectrum Clocking enabled"

Ok, you said these drives shine best when ssc, 3.0 gb/s transfer are enabled. Now for the NV SATA 2 controller, did that come with the chipset drivers or what, how would I enable or where can I get the drivers for it.

I checked the device manager in windows xp and it says the hitachi is at location 0 (primary ATA channel). I plugged it in 1st SATA slot.

you use the tool that IBM provides to enable 3.0Gb/s and Spread Spectrum Clocking

you can check within windows in the device manager looking at the controller's properties (Nvidia Nforce4 ADMA controller - Primary Channel - Transfer Mode (doesnt show up in RAID apparently)

the first port on any drive chain is always 0 (zero) regardless of what is printed on the board near the controller ports