Raid 0 question about channels

I have my raid 0 set up on channels 1 and 2. Is it true that I should have set up the stripe on channels 1 and 3 for better performance? If so, can I just change one of the sata cables? Or, do I have do reformat and completely set up the raid all over again?

I thought i read that it wouldn't matter to much which connectors you used.

I used connectors 2 and 4 because they were the outermost connections. I am still just testing atm and all seems to work fine. I got a steady 100 across the array in the HD tach on the small test.

I will be rebuilding this rig again for my final install.

Should i switch to ports 1 and 2? Will switching to ports 1 and 2 give better preformance or is using 2 and 4 ok as well?

Thank you.

EDIT:

after rebuilding this system using connectors 1 and 2 with a 64k stripe, the HD Tach results were almost identical to when i used connectors 2 and 4, a steady 100 across the array on the small test.

using connectors 1 and 2 lists the drives on the same adaptor in windows device manager. i disabled channels 3 and 4 in the bios and now only have the one adaptor listed in windows device manager. i think i will leave it like this since the performance seems the same.