ATTENTION OCZ PC5000 Owners, Please post memory timings.

Can all users of OCZ DFI PC5000 ram please post A64tweaker screenshots along with what bios version you are using?

I am trying to get this ram stable at 312 with no success...tried 3/10, 5/10-3, and 5/10-2. It is stable at 310.... it is stable with HTT@333 with the 9/10 divider.

Thanks,

ReAPeR

timings.jpg

I have some on order from Newegg, but it will be a couple of days until I can start doing any testing. But I will post my findings when I can. Cant wait to see what this memory can do.

Criton

Reaper -

I have this same ram (OCZ PC5000) running a San Diego 4000+ DFI Ultra-D

PM me with your BIOS settings and I will test on my comp. I have been able to get 2.8 with 280x3x10 - and 2.5/3/3/8/8 for memory. Nothing more - and I feel that there is more to be had but I dont know what else to try.

The one thing I am not sure on is how to increase my HTT setting. The highest I got with those settings are 285. I feel this ram could go higher in my rig but I havent tested out the 510/3 Beta Bios. Also what slots are you running in? Mine are in orange, if that makes a difference. I feel there is more room to move up but cant seem to find the right settings.

When you post your screen caps, make sure you run prime95 for at least 8 hours and can complete 3DMark01 with a posted score.

There's no sense in posting results that aren't stable enough to complete these simple routines.

I've had my rig as high as 333X9 but it is just stable enough to run the OS and notepad. lol

Not worth the effort to try again for a screen cap but you'll just have to take my word. :cool:

Here's the screen cap of my 312X8 results...

http://myweb.cableone.net/mondo/312x8primestable0517pm.JPG

I am getting tired - so I am just posting my results to help others. I am finally getting this machine up and running a bit more stable as I have been having a hell of a time with it since I got everything last Friday, but things are working out a bit better now.

For the 2 main specs this is an AMD 64 San Diego with OZC EL Platinum PC5000 memory (1GB 2x512MB) - I am running the Beta 510/2 BIOS

Some issues I found is -

First Off I have a Maxtor 300GB Hard Drive installed on the SATA #2 Connection. I didnt realize there were issues with Maxtor SATA Drives and DFI UltraD Boards. However by just skimming the forums here and reading, reading, and reading I found some answers. Seems there are issues with some Maxtor Drives, mine is a Maxtor 300GB SATA (6B300S0) and changing the setting of the HD wait time fromk 0 to 10 seems to make it work fine. I was noticing that the drive was not being noticed in the array when booting but I was thinking it was because my OC'ing was causing the issue. But after putting the pieces together I found that everytime it showed up in the arrary then XP would boot fine, however it would crash or freeze up when booting XP with it not being found. So changing this setting seemed to fix some issues.

Secondly I found out this AMD DOES NOT LIKE anything besides 285x3x10 - even changing the 3 to auto makes it a bit unstable.

Here is what I got so far -

The best speed I can get OC'ing the San Diego is 2.85GHz with HTT at 285 respectively stable. I will be running Prime95 for at least 10 hours or so and post back those results. Also I will post screenshots a bit later.

For now heres what I am seeing stable -

3DMark2001 SE Score - 29523

Memory Running at - 3/4/4/10

CPU - 285x3x10 (Couldnt get it to do anything else)

Everest Home Memory Latency - 40.1ns

Everest Home Memory Read Speed - 7311mb/s

Everest Home Memory Write Speed - 2298mb/s (a bit slow and shows as PC4500)

Aquamark03 - 83,374 (Highest settings at 1280x1024)

I will add 35Mark03/05 tomorrow. But things look pretty good don't you think? I will also make sure to post some BIOS Settings for all you tweakers who want to see them.

And FINALLY those of you whom I PM'ed for info, know who you are - THANK YOU for your help!

(Again I will edit this with screenshots tomorrow!)

ExRodie - So I did what you suggested and tried doing 350x8 and just every other mutipler of 8 and 9. My machine will not OC unless I use a mutiplier of 10 - which then lowers the HTT. Windows just wont boot at all. That being said I am getting more performace (via benchmarking results) from 2.8Ghz OC with a 280HTT vs a 2.4Ghz 300HTT (and guessing it would have to be much higher to really make a difference).

So I gave up and reloaded my working BIOS that I saved in the CMOS. However my machine was still having a nervous breakdown and I had issues trying to reboot again! I then cleared the CMOS AGAIN and reloaded it - however it was still not loading. I have built computers in the past so I am not a complete noob, but I don't concider myself a pro either beciase I dont know memory timings and such inside out. I would say though I am average to above average - but with that being said this has got to be the TOUGHEST new computer builds I have ever done!

So now I am going to take back my statement about my MAXTOR drive. From a cold boot after the power has been turned off I have to unplug the power and sata cables and plug them back in and reboot a couple times before I can get it to recongize in the arrary. Then again this is a ISSUE in itself! I have a hard time trying to get the drive to know its there. But now I know that unplugging the Maxtor SATA and disabling it, Windows WILL BOOT again. Seems like the cold boot after changing the mutiplers caused issues with the array. I cant seem to get it to notice it again regardless what I try. For now I am going to use my SATA Card and then possibly talk with MAXTOR about getting a new drive or updating the firmware. Hell I might just buy another 400GB Hatachi and dump the Maxtor all together becuase god only knows I don't need to "band-aid" another thing in this system! Seems like 1 thing wrong causes this board to totally wig out. Plus I only have 2 PCI slots and need one for wireless network and the other for my Soundblaster card, so keeping a SATA card is out of the question! I wish they had 3 or and left out the extra SLI since DFI does have an higher end official SLI board.

Seems like for the past week I have been fighting with this computer build. ARGH - I need a break! Tomorrow is another day! I will report back. Maybe its time to merge all my posts for others to use as reference.

Alright guys I have hit 2.8 stable for 20hrs prime

5/10-2 bios RGone's settings except for mem speed (2.5,3,3,7) and cpu voltage (1.25+126% = 1.52) 255x11x3 1:1. I know I must be able to do something more. I dont see any benefit lowering the cpu multi, and rasing the fsb. I dont really understand mem dividers so i think that might be my prob. I dont have sceenshots so you'll have to take my word till i get them, but it's a avg overclock so nothing to brag about.

Hi all. I managed to get Memtest to run without showing errors, I can run 3DMark benches and play games for hours without a crash... but both Prime and OCCT won't run more than a few minutes without stopping for an error :confused:

I'm at 300 2.5-4-4-10 and 2.7GHz with BIOS 510-2. What do you suggest I can do to get more stability?

Those are the setting I currently use:

16 16

Disable

113%

Enable

Enable

Increase

Auto

Fast

Enable

Disable

Edited: Added BIOS version.