Amd Venice

I'm thinking to buy a DFI lanParty nf4-D and than install new CPU amd 64 3000 or 3200 core Venice since i've read very high overclockability !.

Is there someone in this forum already tried/installed such CPU on this board ? If so which results has been achieved.

Awaiting yr comments,

thank you and ciao !

Andrea

OC system :

• DFI lp ut nforce4 ultra-d --> stock bios 1/25
  • AMD A64 3000+ Venice CBBLE 0512DPBW
  • OCZ powerstream 520W
  • 2x512MB twinmoss 'UTT'
  • HIS X800XL iceqII
  • H²O cooled -> Cathar G4 + DD heatercore + Laing D4 + 1/2" clearflex

Results :

xpr-k,

noted. thanks

Really very impressive, but psl clarify, do you use Cool 'n quite ? Moltiplier is at 9 as default, than HTT 445 ???

pls let me know.

thank you & ciao

Andrea

cant use cool and quiet and oc =] .

That max HTT was the 4x multi , HTT multi x2

Btw, ive hit my max OC with this chip : 2934.1mhz -> [email protected] , i managed to pass OCCT @ 1.63Vcore but it needs a bit more to be fully stable .

It passes OCCT but when i tried a second time my system rebooted . Anything higher with no matter what Vcore (went as high as 1.75) would also cause reboots .

OCCT never gives an error , my system just reboots .µ

I was hoping to get 3000mhz stable , but 'im very very happy with this also hehehehehe ,maybe with some burning in i might reach 3000mhz afterall .

hey there, i'm currently in the same boat as the OP. is the $50 additonal worth it to upgrade from the Venice 3000+ to the 3200+? i've read on some threads that the nf4 ultra-d can handle (correct me if im wrong, still new at this) 330, 340 HTT speeds so the 10x multiplier from the 3200+ isn't necessary? and there's limitation based on what type of RAM you have?

just looking for advice on what CPU to purchase since i could use the $50 extra on another part (assuming i get the 3000) on soemthing else.

thanks.

3800Venice I have is not near the cpu the 3700SanDiego I have is and the Venice caused me some heartache with booting on a new board with shipping 1/25/05 bios. Also it is beginning to come about that some Venices do not like some brands of TccD according to some posts by some users and my choice would not now after my experience be a Venice as my SanDiego walks off and leaves it and both made about the same time.

RGone...