Memory Issue

I hope someone can help with this problem. I have been beating myself up trying to figure out what is going on with my machine. I have 4 x 512 memory installed but the system only reads 1g total. I have tested each stick and all checked out as being good. I have used different slot combos as well. No matter what I tried reads 1g. I was planning to RMA the board but can not have system down for that amount of time, so I got another board to run in the meantime. Guess what? I have the same problem on the new board as well. Anyone got any insights on this issue?

Klaian

i thought filling all memory banks was a no-no on these boards unless you were using a san diego core or venice.

I thought I read this here somewhere also. Didn't Angry populate all his slots before and have to fall back to 2T cycle time?

Maybe 2T might get it recognized... dunno.

What Windows version do you have? If all the modules test fine in the first slots then they should all be seen by the BIOS. If the BIOS is reporting the right amount then it is something in Windows. If the BIOS does not see the full amount then it is something to do with the board.

All bios setting are at default, ie 2T and 333 for memory speed. The bios is not finding the full ammount of memory it is reporting 1g only. I am running WinXP Pro SP2 and Win XP 64. FYI, I got a 2nd machine with the exact same parts in it and it is solid.

Hello,

Have you tried increasing the memory voltage?

2.9v - 3.0v?

Clear the cmos for a very long time just incase something has gone worng with the BIOS.

30mins with the PSU off.