Hey RGone, I tried your settings for Ram and i'm getting: IRQL_NOT_LES

the BSOD happened during my installation of windows xp, I'm going to try using a different mouse and see how it goes. Everything in memtest for those settings turns out fine so i'm guessing it's really the mouse, i'll keep you updated.

do you think it's a logitech USB mouse, cause look at this: http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27803-1.html

if you get problems using RGone's settings then you should try some tweaking of his settings or some other user's settings.

RGone and I provide the settings as a guide, but just because its 100% stable for him does not mean it will be for you.

he just gives you a guide, and you have adjust from there.

also note that because memtest will run fine does not always mean you are in the clear (usually you are, but memtest is just a single test in a chain of testing whether your rig is stable).

Logitech USB mice work fine on these boards (I have about 9 different logitechs and they have all passed the muster).

Here's a quick test.

Uninstall the mouse software and just let the XP mouse driver load. This will eliminate one possible cause.

I have an Logitech MX-1000 mouse and get all the functions except the tilt wheel.

This looks like an IRQ problem on the install, cos the installer's plug-n-pray isnt as good as windows'. So maybe disable some stuff in bios and let the installer take the resources it needs. OR it could have just been a bad driver load on the installer's part.

What bios are you using mr? You are welcome to try my settings if you like (see signature). We are both using Winnies, and similiar TCCD. I helped another member here with a 3200 and they worked. The only difference was that he needed more CPU volts than my 3500, apparently from the speed rating difference. I think he used 1.425x1.10%. Plug them in exactly as shown with the 510-2 bios or with the 3/10, change only these entries:

Tras = 8

Tref = 3072

Data strength: 4

These are fairly conservative and a good place to start from. Try 240 HTT first and see if you can get it to 250 if you are having luck

m :)