6800 GT - pink sparkles on bootscreen

hi there,

just build my new machine (see specs below) and everything was fine, got nice 3dmarks2005, no crashes at all. but after some hours i noticed pink and some green dots on the screen. i rebooted and the boot screen showed the same errors. i read in a thread that some people had a similar problem with their bfgs on LCD screens. well i use 2 normal monitors via dvi-vga adapters, so this explaination does'nt fit really.

now i wonder is my videocard crappy or are there compatibility issues with the mainboard. no overclocking, connected all powercords.

i don't know anyone with a pci-x system, so i can't test the videocard.

any suggestions, please?

sebastian

amd64 3800 venice

4x 512mb GEIL ultra-x

Club3D 6800 GT

DFI NF4 UT Ultra-D

Tagan 480W

Yeah I have a similar problem, people keep saying it's a BFG 6800 GT issue and that the 6600 GTs, Ultras, etc don't have the problem. I'm getting pretty fed up myself. Btw, my problem has nothing to do with temps of clock speeds. I've tried it OC'd to 450/1180 and even underclocked to like 300/800... same problem, no solution.

Which vid drivers you using, if you are using the latest remove them, use driver cleaner to make sure you get all of the drivers removed, the install the older drivers. I have seen several post on the net about this, and so far I have seen that the issue has been fixed with using the older drivers.. Looks like a bad driver for the 6800gt (the new driver that is)

Which vid drivers you using, if you are using the latest remove them, use driver cleaner to make sure you get all of the drivers removed, the install the older drivers. I have seen several post on the net about this, and so far I have seen that the issue has been fixed with using the older drivers.. Looks like a bad driver for the 6800gt (the new driver that is)

Yup it worked for me :nod: 71.84's = nice & clear.

thanks for your answers.

i don't think this problem can ne fixed by another driver since the errors are visible

on the first bootscreen and in the bios. no driver should be loaded then.

guess i gonna RMA the card.