Help with overclocking FX-55 Clawhammer

mean6

Help somebody please. I have been reading up alot on this forum, and I am noticing some incredible overclocks with just air cooling. I have an fx-55, and I cannot seem to go past the 2.8 mark. It is running at 215x13 with 1.525 volts. The ram which is corsair twinmx 1024 3200XL running at 2-2-2-5 at 2.8 volts. I have tried different multipliers, but doesn't seem to work. It crashes before the windows logo screen on XP shows up. I am using the XP-90 heatsink with a 92mm Panaflo fan. I don't think its a CPU heat problem. It is idling at 37 degrees as we speak. Can someone give me some settings to try, or possibly some samples please. I did my research before buying this entire system, and from what I got the FX-55 was the best processor on the market as of then, but so far, I haven't been impressed with the overclocking ability. I used to have a 2.8 P4, and I overclocked it to 3.5 no problems. After seeing some of the benchmarks on here, I feel like I wasted my money on this CPU, and I should have bought a 3000, or 3200 winnie! Someone please help.

got same issue as you mate - same memory too albiet an FX-53 processor which i believe is a 0.13 chip just like yours.

i could get 250x10 2500/Mem500 (due to cpu limitation @2580mhz) on my old MSI Diamond board no probs with exact same setup- but on this board it refuses to boot when I use the x10 mutiplier - and attempts using different FSB combinations havnt gone far at all.....

Do a search under my name and u should find a post called FX-53 overclocking assistance or somat - it has some recommendations on that to try

allot of peeps recommend Data drive strength settings of 8 for the FX-55 - doesnt do anything for my FX-53 :( currently running @ stock - :( :( bigtime :( :(

PS - Bear in mind a 2.4 AMD FX chip gives about the same as a 4Ghz Pentium - to get 2.8 out of a 2.6 AMD is quite good too - thats like a 4.4 Pentium or something to that degree.....

PSS - Most wincchester chips only have 512kb level 2 cache - whereas the FX's have 1MB - so it sort of levels out with the extra Mhz the winchesters get....me tinks ;)

hope this helps.....zoomee