I HAVE DONE IT! some anyhow

i have went over and over this post alot and i had one flaw i did:(

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5866

so yea it works for me 100% :)

here is a few things i have changed. i have it at 230 fsb. cpu voltage start up and other is both at 1.50 it has to be or it will not boot. and i have it as 5.0X now for the bad thing. my temp is 52 idle!

anything i can do to help it out or am i stuck at this poor heat?

also the special vid control is at 110%. what does this do. my monitor clicks now when start up? i put it to a 123% and just turned off :confused: i dont understand what thats for? info.

running 2.53 HOOAH! i want 3.0 or better :D

What the crap, you have 52 idle and you have WATER COOLING? Dude, you did something wrong, my Winchester doesn't even go over 40C [got it as low as 26C idle in a 70F room yesterday :D] and I'm on air cooling...

What the crap, you have 52 idle and you have WATER COOLING? Dude, you did something wrong, my Winchester doesn't even go over 40C [got it as low as 26C idle in a 70F room yesterday :D] and I'm on air cooling...

is yours overclocked? mine is staying at 50c right now

startup voltage set to 1.4v

cpu voltage to 1.375v

special to 123% should = around 1.64v

then reseat your waterblock cause you are way too hot, I have air cooling and I never Ever go over 34c-36c under the heaviest loads at the above settings.

Take the block off carefully. When you take it off, look at the "foot print" that the block made. That should tell you if it was seated evenly. If the foot print is uneven, then you were not making good contact. Thermal paste should be very thin and even. It is only supposed to fill in microscopic discrepencies in the metal surfaces. More than that just makes for less contact. AS5 is the best.

i have reste the water block and it looked to be ok. maybe my volts are to high in the bios

kinda lame to quote myself but yes i had the volts both 1.550 the highest! i dropped them botch down to 1.45V and also dropped to 46c!!! almost room temp. 46c=114.8deg. my room temp is 89deg. time to stick the air on

Holy crap, an 89F room... I would be effin dying. My room hits 80, and I'm like OMG IT'S SO HOT.

I just moved into a new apartment down by my college, and the utilities bill hasn't kicked in yet, so I've had the AC cranked 24/7....room is at like 68F lol.

Gotta love it.

yeah trying to get the maximum overclock on mininum voltages is key, it will cut your temps down a bunch. i was shocked when i saw that you were at 50C with water cooling. i hit 43C and cut my voltage down a touch and now i top out at 40C on air.