Sign in to follow this  
Shoes

Memory problem on Lanparty Ultra-D

I guess it's similar to this problem. I have two Crucial 512 DDR400 PC3200 RAM sticks, which won't run in dual channel mode (2&4). Each stick works fine on it's own, though - I've got one of them running now. No crashes, nothing. Although I haven't run a seperate memtest on each (but they both run Prime for a long time okay).

When I put both sticks in the system is very unstable - I get BSODs with 'non-paged' errors, etc.

Shall I update my BIOS? I know it's quite old, so that may be the problem. And shall I get a beefier PSU?

Thanks for any help.

Man, as soon as I got my board, it took all of 5 minutes after my XP installed to flash to a new BIOS...lol.

Try switching to the 3/10 or 3/10p BIOS, that one has had quite a bit of luck with lots of people. Is that RAM TCCD? If so, either the 3/10 or the 414-3 is grand.

And yes, you should get a beefier PSU, regardless of whether your RAM works or not. You need a native 24-pin, MINIMUM OF 480W for this board. DFI no longer carries their warranty through if you cannot abide by those requirements.

Hmm, never had an issue running even four PC3200 modules in that board. Are your memory timings right?? 3-3-3-8 are the timings. Is this an upgrade to what you had in there before? PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA errors can be a result of a driver being misplaced where the system can not find it.

Let me know.

Hello,

Definately get a new PSU.

In the BIOS disable CPC and see what happens.

Man, as soon as I got my board, it took all of 5 minutes after my XP installed to flash to a new BIOS...lol.

Try switching to the 3/10 or 3/10p BIOS, that one has had quite a bit of luck with lots of people. Is that RAM TCCD? If so, either the 3/10 or the 414-3 is grand.

I did flash the BIOS, to 3/10, and I ran SP2004's RAM stress test, but it came up with an error after 2 hours 7 minutes:

-

Self-test 384K passed!

Test 1, 13000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M6225921 using 320K FFT length.

Test 2, 13000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M6225919 using 320K FFT length.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Torture Test ran 2 hours, 7 minutes 24 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.

Execution halted.

-

And what is TCCD?

Hmm, never had an issue running even four PC3200 modules in that board. Are your memory timings right?? 3-3-3-8 are the timings. Is this an upgrade to what you had in there before? PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA errors can be a result of a driver being misplaced where the system can not find it.

Yeah, acording to CPU-z, the timings are right. Well, 3-3-3-8 on 200MHz. It's the first RAM I've had in the system - I j8ust built it a few weeks ago. And I'm pretty certain it's not a driver issue. I've installed and uninstalled practically every driver, and the problem is stil there. And I've uninstalled and reinstalled Windows. Plus, the PC works fine when one stick is in.

In the BIOS disable CPC and see what happens.

What's CPC? Hmm, considering I know next-to-nothing about PCs, I probably shouldn't have built my own :eek2:

TCCD is the kind of chip that's on the RAM...high FSB / loose timings.

CPC = Command Per Clock, or easily referred to as 1T and 2T. If enabled, then it's 1T [which is better, lots higher bandwidth]. And, obviously, if disabled, it's 2T.

Given that your ram is 3-3-3-8 at 200MHz, it's not TCCD. Most TCCD can do 2-2-2-5 at 200, so yours is probably just regular Crucial value ram.

To fix that rounding error for mine, I've found that increasing the vDimm helped out a little. Sometimes slackening the timings can help too, but your timings are already pretty lose, so I wouldn't really touch those if you can help it.

Well, I ran memtest on both sticks seperately and they bought up no problems... I'll tinker with the BIOS soon.

I printed thate page off and entered those settings... and it gave me a BSOD on boot. :(

I'll try disabling the CPC, but I bet it won't work. Sniff...