[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody experiencing CPU-Z 1.28.6 not recognizing any memory in slot#2? I thought 510-? fixes this problem. Also, if I don't have either TCCD or BH-5, which beta version should I use? Flashed to 510-2 but don't really notice any difference from 310.

I am stuck with only being able to have my RAM in the top two slots (SLI-DR + Thermalright XP-90 + Corsair XMSPro) right now. Am I to understand that the 510 BIOS will let me operate in dual channel while I'm stuck in this predicament, or will it simply ceace the Single Channel message I have to F1 through every time I boot?

or will it simply ceace the Single Channel message I have to F1 through every time I boot?
5.10-1 and -2 will stop that message and only you can determine if it works better for your Pro stuff if you flash and it works.

RGone...

cpu-z recognizes orange as slots 3 & 4 and yellow as 1 & 2

AshG - That should still be single channel

moved to 280x10 with 180 divider and a lot more pleased with results. Passes OCCT and running Prime fine. Smooth as silk in XP and x64. Temps are way lower

[bimg]http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//2802desktop.JPG[/bimg]

4073n3bench.JPG

5492.JPG

30437.JPG

A64.JPG

any hints on getting more let me know

no difference in memory performance for the Patriot. Thanks SPOOKY, i heard from someone else at one point that they though it might be Mosel.

So now I'm going to bump up my fsb 1 Mhz at a time to see if maybe I can find a higher 24/7 P95. Whatver it turns out to be, I'm then going to try lowering the vcore some as well.

reporting a bug here. flashed to 510-3. lost the ability to boot off my cdrom which is hooked in to secondary IDE master. rom is detected properly, however, under advanced bios - cdrom - shows up as a squiggly character. when trying to boot off it, just freezes at "booting off cdrom".

letting you know.

ill find other means to cross flash from this point (cant use my bootable cdrom for flashing). oh well...

This BIOS is actually worse for me. I am using 510-1, and the exact same settings I used for 3.10, and now Prime95 fails with my overclock.

Did I grab the wrong 510 version? I really don't know the *real* difference between them, but I do have Crosair XMS3500 Rev 1.1 ram, which I think uses BH5 chips.