[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

Should I try this bios with my system specs? Also, how do I flash this bios? What I've done so far is opened the file, extracted and put on a floppy. When I boot I get a "non system disk message". What am I doing wrong?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dale

I loaded up 510-1 last night and so far no problems running 10x290 2.5-4-4-8 1T in the orange slots.

Guest Dale
Should I try this bios with my system specs? Also, how do I flash this bios? What I've done so far is opened the file, extracted and put on a floppy. When I boot I get a "non system disk message". What am I doing wrong?

go to www.bootdisk.com & download (Driver Free Disk For Bios Flashing ). This will make bootable floppy. After making bootable flopppy copy bios files to the bootable floppy. In bios change to boot from removable. Boot from floppy and type awdflash at the A: prompt & follow directions.

go to www.bootdisk.com & download (Driver Free Disk For Bios Flashing ). This will make bootable floppy. After making bootable flopppy copy bios files to the bootable floppy. In bios change to boot from removable. Boot from floppy and type awdfash at the prompt & follow directions.

it is not enough to just type awdflash. some other person just hosed his bios doing so, because they did not clear DMI properly, etc.

pls download the bootable cdrom for flashing in bios factory, 3rd post, nf4 bios sticky. follow onscreen instructions after booting from cdrom (you flash with keywords).

you can alternatively download a bootable floppy from the same post, and stick a recent bios on there (it has 310 final on it already).

then,

awdflash BIOSFILE.BIN /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f <-- it will reset on its own after flash. remember to load optimised before flash and after.

(replace BIOSFILE.BIN with bios filename)

Guest Dale
it is not enough to just type awdflash. some other person just hosed his bios doing so, because they did not clear DMI properly, etc.

pls download the bootable cdrom for flashing in bios factory, 3rd post, nf4 bios sticky. follow onscreen instructions after booting from cdrom (you flash with keywords).

you can alternatively download a bootable floppy from the same post, and stick a recent bios on there (it has 310 final on it already).

then,

awdflash BIOSFILE.BIN /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f <-- it will reset on its own after flash. remember to load optimised before flash and after.

(replace BIOSFILE.BIN with bios filename)

Well, I've used my bios flashing process many many times with Abit & DFI without switches and never had a bad flash. I was just trying to make it as easy as possible. :nod:

Ntune has a bios flash utility in it. When I had Asus boards before they also had a bios flash utility that you could use in windows. Never ever had a problem flashing a bios file useing either of these programs.

Ntune is very EZ to use & I have flashed my bios many times with it without any problems what so ever.

Just my 2 cents here........

@stevedub. Yes man, if you are getting confused you likely would do well to stay with what is working. Really all the bios flashing is a little foolish. I have run them all and for me over a few different types of ram> I see no real differences. Certainly not enough difference to have the ordinary user flash a beta bios. And certainly not in a confused state. All this beta testing is to try and find a new official bios and it will likely or may not be exactly like any of these so far out in beta and the official will not be -1, -2 and -3. So maybe you should just hang if you have a working computer and let all the others take the first of the blunt force trauma.

RGone...

i get a "bad command" when i try to flash on the 510-2 using a dos-start up floppy.

all i did was download the file and extract it to the floppy, already formatted for start-up, then i booted to it and when i get the A:/_ i enter "flash" and get a bad command.

wth am i doing wrong as i know its me being a moron with this stuff.