[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

hmm i tried 5/10-3 and when i got in to check the bios settings (loaded my cmos reloaded profile) and saved it and rebooted, i tried to get back into the bios and it froze just as i got in, anyone else having this prob?

When you flash to a new bios NEVER load your saved cmos reloaded configs.. ALWAYS redo them..!!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just flashed to 510-2 and so far so good at 280x10 with OCZ pc4200 EL. It is acting better than 310 did and I actually picked up .5 seconds on super pi, and I am only .2 seconds behind my VX super pi time at same cpu mghz. VX was at 255x11, and The 4200EL I am running is at 280x10. I have not ran these sticks up to their max yet as I just got them a few days ago and been busy so not sure which bios is better for max OC. Gonna try and do some testing though in the coming days.

Do you have any specific settings for them?

Radical_53, Are you replying to my question? If so, my DRAM settings are set to what my GeIL ram is rated for (2.5, 4, 4, 8 - 1T). Everything else is set to optimized defaults. DRAM votage is set to 2.7v.

I just want to get a suggestion as to which of the 5/10 bioses will work with my GeIL ram.

Thanks.

Reading through the whole thread! :( I notice that it has been touched on that the 510 bios is poor with the 3700 San Diego. This is so true

I'm using BH6 ram, and bios 510-2. On bios 310p (doesn't support San Diego?), I can get to 3280 (Mach II cooling), and run any benchmark I want.

Swapping back to 510-2, and raising to 2970 caused me to have to roll back to previous settings, twice. San Diego users really need a better bios, because 510 just holds it back.

Any fixes on the horizon?

Been testing the 510-1 bios for about a week. Noticed these two (non-fatal) things:

1. Reads the cpu rpm's wrong (using lm_sensors as well as SmartGuardian)

2. Sometimes sets the RAM volts a touch high (ie: i set it for 2.6 and it comes out as 2.64 hmmm....but maybe that is related to something else?)

the rest of it seems to perk along very nicely.

Reading through the whole thread! :( I notice that it has been touched on that the 510 bios is poor with the 3700 San Diego. This is so true

I'm using BH6 ram, and bios 510-2. On bios 310p (doesn't support San Diego?), I can get to 3280 (Mach II cooling), and run any benchmark I want.

Swapping back to 510-2, and raising to 2970 caused me to have to roll back to previous settings, twice. San Diego users really need a better bios, because 510 just holds it back.

Any fixes on the horizon?

The 310p does work with the San Diego, read THIS. I've actually been using it for the past week or so. The 510's didn't do too well for my situation but the 414-3 did when I first got the CPU. I just flashed back to it last night so hopefully everything will turn out good.

The 310p does work with the San Diego, read THIS. I've actually been using it for the past week or so. The 510's didn't do too well for my situation but the 414-3 did when I first got the CPU. I just flashed back to it last night so hopefully everything will turn out good.

Yeah I know because I'm using 310p to O/C to 3280 :) seeing as 510 is moving towards an official bios, it would be nice to have one that works and is designed to work with San Diego/Venice, as using memory dividers, and big overclocks are out with 510 - I've not tried 4XX bioses - if anyone has had any luck on that bios with dividers and a 3700 San Diego then LMK. 180 divider is just a complete no go - but its the one I ideally need!

i tried 510-3 with my system and once i did my settings it froze when i went into the bios :(

i think it was to do with the setting of the stripe to boot from

*hugs biossaviour :D

i tried 310p (with the yellow slots in use). works just fine, aside from that annoying (for dual channel use 2+4..). i was lazy to reconfigure/test settings for 3.10 dram base table, so i flashed off it...

I just flashed from 3/10 to 5/10-2

I have corsair value select (2X512mb) and was geting maybe one BSOD every two weeks on 3/10 running: 266X9 vdimm 2.9.

Now with 5/10-2 I'm runing 277X9 vdimm 2.7 - 3/4 memory (207mhz), 2.5,3,3,8,1T,interleave enabled. I'm still going through all the tests (I've only ran all the 3dmarks, cs source, doom3, occt) but so far so good. This new bios definitely made a big difference. Before I couldn't even boot into windows at 277X9 without getting an instant BSOD.

So for those of you stuck with value memory I definitely think it's worth your time to try this 5/10 bios.