[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

Hello,

I will receive a nF4 SLI-D motherboard in a few days. I don't understand a few parameters quoted in this thread : "CPU Startup VID" and "LTD voltage".

"CPU startup VID" = CPU voltage when the PC boots ?

LTD voltage = AGP voltage, for AGP motherboards ? What is its influence ?

Thanks.

CPU Startup VID - correct

LTD Voltage - not = to AGP voltage. This supplies juice for the link (LDT/Hyper Transport Bus) between cpu and chipset. When raising HTT, it is sometimes necessary to raise LDT voltage to remain stable. every board and cpu is different, so this will have to be tested on your specific board and cpu.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But my future configuration will be based on a 3700 San Diego and it seems that the only bios which works with it is the 5/10.

i'm pretty sure that it was posted that even 1/25 worked w/ Venice/SD cores.

Guest Kevin

to flash I use winflash..u can get it at the DFI offical downloads ..its easy to use and simple.

510-2 is for TCCD memory, and 510-3 is for BH-5 memory, and 510-1 is for both types? How do you tell what type of memory you have to flash the right bios?

-1 tccd/tccc 3.26 dram table

-2 bh/ch 3.16 dram table

-3 both/misc./generic 3.10 dram table

Does anybody know if any fixes have been implemented for the 2 extremely annoying Maxtor Diamond Max 10s that have the detection issue (models 6B250S0 and 6B300S0)? I know that there is a thread about correcting the problem (I've read it, and many others like it), but the firmware update on the drive does not appear to work every time. I have read on many other forums that both a BIOS update and firmware update are necessary. I was wondering if any steps have been taken by DFI to help remedy Maxtor's fault (which they claim is not an issue). I know that the 1004 BIOS (and above) on the crappy Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe has some sort of fix for this drive (I've tested it A LOT), they claim they updated the SATA bootrom to help detect this drive model. MSI has also claimed that they fixed the issue with their v1.2 BIOS, but I am unable to test that board. If anyone knows if the 5/10 BIOS helps fix this issue, please let me know.

I use the DM10 as a data drive. I wasn't able to use it until I used the Maxtor Powertools or however they're called.

Also, first time I had to plug the drive in after windows had booted up completeley, before that I would get a blue screen.

Have you tried those tools already? If there's a firmware update, where did you get it?